It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lisa's Latest Blog
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:51 pm 

September 9, 2007 - Sunday

Yikes

I was In Hawaii last week. Got a terrible cold and sinus infection. I was laying in bed this past Monday and Tuesday trying to get over it. Hmm... It's been days and I am still feeling pretty lousy.

As I lay there half alive watching TV I saw the promo that I was going to be on Oprah this next Monday!

Yikes! I think to myself. IT'S REALLY HAPPENING! I BETTER GET IT TOGETHER AND START MAKING MY WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY!

I call the doctor.

The doctor said, "Don't fly".

I get on the plane to LA.

I land.

My ear is clogged... Okay, It's REALLY uncomfortable but I will give it a few hours....... I think.

A day later, I'm deaf in my right ear, completely clogged.

I call the doctor.

He says, "this happened because you flew. "

"BUT I GOTTA GO TO NEW YORK TOMORROW", I say.

He laughs....."you get in here ASAP or you're not going anywhere!"

I go in.

He looks up my nose and says.."hmm".

He looks in my clogged ear and says... "Not a pretty sight in there at all... You have a cold in your ear. There's fluid behind your eardrum and there's inflammation, if you fly your eardrum could rupture."

"BUT I HAVE HAVE TO FLY AND SING A LITTLE BIT AND NOT BE DEAF ANYMORE!" I say.

He takes an instrument that blows air and sticks it in my nose, blows the air in while he makes me take a sip of water at the same time. OUCH! FUCKER! POP AND CRACK...... WOW........ "Jesus! What the hell was that?" I say.

"Your ear opened up." He said.

"If it closes again before tomorrow's flight I will need to do a minor surgery before you get on the plane in the morning."

He continues.............. "I will need to poke a hole in your ear drum with a needle with a local anesthesia so the cabin pressure doesn't affect it"

"FUCKING YIKES!" I say.

My ear closed again, I didn't sleep, I went in the next morning, he did the deed and if he didn't I wouldn't be in New York right now to tell you this maybe mildly amusing tale. Or not.

I am so happy to be here, happy to be on the show tomorrow and happy happy happy I will get to see some of you there as well!!!!

Bye for now..... I need to continue leading my glamorous life.. I'm off to get my nose vacuumed. :)

~LMP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

This is really freaky by the way the whole time when I was reading this all I thought about was the needle they had to sick in Elvis' eyes before the Aloha Concert...okay im freaked out they are SOOOOO much alike :shock: :shock:

Thanks Di for putting this up :D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

SHE'S A CHARACTER! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:31 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

maia wrote:
SHE'S A CHARACTER! :lol:

Oh yeah... oh yeah...! :) :D :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for sharing what Lisa wrote in her blog with us Di. :D I enjoyed reading it and Maia my dear friend I agree with you 100%. :D Lisa is indeed quite a character just like her daddy. :wink: :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:55 pm 

I agree. Exactly like her Daddy.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I like that girl so much. :lol:

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for that little 'ditty' from Lisa. YEP - she IS so much like her daddy! I can easily hear him either thinking or saying the things she comes up with...the difference is she is right out there with it and he was a bit more shy in public areas...She grew up being secluded and kept quiet and now that she's "out there"-she just throws it all out to everyone who "gives a damn" and the rest-like her daddy- who would never say it publicly might say-"F--in' hell with 'em! They don't know a damn thing 'bout me!"

I like her alot...she's very honest and forthright and I think she tries really hard to make a difference in this world and she does by just being herself. Quite like her daddy in that area too! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Thats VERY true Wanda..she says it like it is and she never sugar coats anything..she's also very truthful and will not say something she doesn't feel... she's willing to step into a "shark tank" for her music... I actually think it was a good thing to keep her away from the public I mean look at the "heiress" these days :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:27 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, like Starla says, they are famous for having money and nothing more. And it sure shows on some of them! Lisa had the best of both worlds...and she's handled things well considering all the load of "crap" she had to shoulder and kick out of the way to get where she is today. I would truly love to see Elvis' face now when he talked about her! He just softened, his eyes, his whole attitude and it was so obvious he was proud of her, loved her completly and worshiped the ground she walked on. His darlin' little Buttonhead as she said he called her- I only heard him say that once, the other times he said "punkin" or "Punkin' head" and I think it was Linda who called her that and he picked it up from her no doubt. And he'd say "Yessa" now and then, but usually it was "my baby" or "Lisa". He truly was hooked on her. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]