It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Is it selfish??
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

My husband and I plan to put the farm up for sale in January. Walter is putting his retirement papers in and after May of 2008 he will complete his 40th year of community college teaching.
We have put money down on a lot 20 miles away from our grandsons. Is it selfish to talk to the One above about earthly things such as this? Our son has his house on the market and I pray daily that it sells so that when our sweet Gavin is ready for school both sets of grandparents will be close, in a geographic sense, to our son and his family :? .

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:54 pm 

Not selfish at all. He is listening.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

May all your heart dreams come true, Marjorie! :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:44 am 
Site Admin

Sweet Marjorie it is NOT selfish at all to talk to God about any of your problems no matter what they are. My heart is in complete accord with what Di said. :D He IS listening and will ALWAYS listen to the prayers of your heart. :D

Post subject: when I see your avatar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Maryinthemorning.
When I see the smile I know it is you. I love your avatar because it makes my heart smile.
Thank you all,
Marjorie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

your plan is about, nothing but love my friend..your love for your babies..I wish I'd be able to buy you a huge mansion so you would live there together..hope your dream will come true very soon..hugs

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Marjorie, I also believe that God cares for ALL our problems and needs, big or small or smallest :wink: , and I'm sure the best solutions come from HIM!!!!!! :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject: Re: when I see your avatar
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

73smile wrote:
Maryinthemorning.
When I see the smile I know it is you. I love your avatar because it makes my heart smile.
Thank you all,
Marjorie :)

You are more than welcome sweet angel!! :D Thanks for saying you like my avatar. :D I really like it too because the radiant smile on his beautiful face just lit up my heart and soul the first time I saw it! :D :D His inner soul beauty qualities just shine so brilliantly. :D :D

Post subject: You are welcome
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I just really love when I log in and I can go to look at your avatar because it has not once ceased to help my heart smile even on dark days.
I would love just to be within driving time to our "babies."
Walter is dealing with hotflashes but otherwise seems to be tolerating the process used to hopefully kill the cancer that is attacking his body.
I know Gavin is not a baby--he will be 3 on October the 10th---but to me he will always be special because he was the first but also because his coming along has renewed my faith that there is still lots of good on earth. Sometimes Gavin will stop what he is doing and ask me a question and when I answer the question he tells me "Thank you grandma, I love you. You make me happy." Simplicity in his innocense. I think the One above has something in mind for Gavin but that is for the future. We just want to be within babysitting drive time or taking the boys for walks or having them for sleepovers.
I did a very positive thing today. I went to the post office to mail Walter's retirement papers.
The county is replacing a bridge over the Belle River and I have been taking pictures and Gavin loves them and can identify the excavator from the grader and tell how tall the crane is and now he can see the foundation to the mill that his great-great grandparents built to grind grain for area farmers back in 1864 until the men aged and sold the mill in the 1920s. The new owner, who bought it, ran it on a much smaller scale until someone set the mill on fire in 1960.
In the books I am making for Gavin and for Hayden there is lots of history on how they became a Radike.
I know I talk too much sometimes but I feel good today. It is a pretty harvest day here and the leaves are beginning to change color.
Zey thank you. If I could live in a mansion I would want you to come and live with us.
We hope that when we put the farmhouse, that was built in 1864, will sell and to someone who will not raze it for a trendy home.
Our "little" house near Rockford will have 1200 square feet and a completed basement. But until this place sells we can not have the builder begin work. I plan one entire wall of the basement for my Elvis things. Gavin and Hayden will always hear of Elvis in a positive light from grandma.
Have a safe weekend,
73smile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Sometimes Gavin will stop what he is doing and ask me a question and when I answer the question he tells me "Thank you grandma, I love you. You make me happy."

How extraordinary, Marjorie! I feel like Gavin shows in these words that he is an evoluted soul, because he has already developed empathy and self reflexion, which means to me he already has perspective. Perspective comes from detachment. His detachment comes from a higher dimension called "LOVE". He is 3 and many steps ahead from many adults after many years of life. I'm certain his generation is going to bring much Light to Earth... and I'm happy for you, that will be there to see it.

My best wishes for you, Walter and the rest of your family.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next