All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quotes about Lisa and Elvis' relationship
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

From Elvis By The Presley's

Priscilla:
Quote:
The rapport between Lisa Marie and her dad was very special. His love for her was tremendous. I know they connected on a very profound level. It was made deeper by the sad fact that, early in Lisa Marie's life, our marriage began to dissolve. Elvis was determined not to let the dissolution keep him from relating to his daughter. I respect him for that determination. And much to his credit, he did maintain an ongoing relationship with Lisa Marie. He never ever excluded her from his life.

Michelle:
Quote:
When it came to Lisa Marie, it was unusual for Elvis to even raise his voice. Lisa Marie could try your patience, and one time her raised his voice to her. Lisa started cryingand Elvis was horrified at what he had done. His scoldingwas far more traumatic for him than her.

Lisa:
Quote:
It's lonely at the top and my father reached new heights for artists of his era. He was one of the first to get to this place of total isolation....
He was on his own, trying to find his own way. But there was so much crap surrounding him - so many people who didnt get it or just didnt want to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
How did I miss this?! Many apologies, Gina! :oops: :!:

Thank you, Gina, for posting this up and sharing on the ELC forum! :D :D Great to read and 100% agreed on all quotes, too! :P :)

Looks like you missed this the same way I did dear Sue. :roll: :oops: I apologize to you also Gina for missing this the first time. :oops: My thanks to you as well for posting these great quotes! :D I agree with all of them too! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:26 pm 

I missed it also. Sorry.

IH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Very revealing and interesting quotes. Thanks Gina for posting! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:20 am 
Site Admin

Yes thanks Gina for this. It was truly wonderful how Elvis related to his little girl, from the time she was concieved I believe, until and even after, he left physically. I believe that he still does, and perhaps though she might not or maybe she is, be aware I am sure that he is always right there when she might need him. He was so afraid he would "lose her love" when he and her mom parted ways, so worried he was physically ill and even his guys were worried about him enough to keep checking at his door as Jerry Schilling revealed in an interview though I do not recall him putting that in his book(?) but I read it fast and haven't looked at it since as Starla has it. Lisa Marie had and still has the best of her daddy in her heart and soul as well as "genes". Now he knows, he shouldn't have worried so much. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Right on, Wanda! :D

Quote:
Lisa Marie had and still has the best of her daddy in her heart and soul as well as "genes".

AMEN, double AMEN and triple AMEN!! :D :P

You got it right for sure dear Wanda! :D Add a 4th AMEN from me too!! :wink: :P :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]