Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

sorry, it was me who posted the last one, I forgot to log in

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Priscilla and Elvis
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Daniela, like your name! Thank you for coming to ELC and posting! Please do come back and read some of the other things on this site. As for our boy and his girl, none of us will ever really know what all went on between the two of them. And yes, Elvis had a lover long before he met his Cilla-that lover was his career, his music and entertaining-and was so much a part of him there wasn't a lot of room a wife who needed her man with her 24-7. Do post again if you have any new thoughts, ideas or questions...or just want to join in---wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:39 pm 
[/b] HI DANIELA MY NAME IS BARB SO HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE JOINED US, SINCE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS THAT HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT ELIVS'S MARRIAGE, I HAVE READ THAT THE ONE REASON WHY PRISCILLA LEFT WAS ELVIS DIDN'T WHAT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH PRISCILLA AFTER LISA WAS BORN, SEXUALLY. DID ELVIS EVER SAY ANYTHING TO YOU ABOUT THIS WANDA IF IT IS TRUE THAT IS? BARB!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:02 pm 
Owl

thanks for the welcome, look i don't saying Elvis was a bad husband because of girls just because his lifestyle I know he loved priscilla and take care of her and try to gave her the best life he could but he wasn't there most of the time and as a woman i understand her plus I really don't think elvis cheat her while they were married (he did while they were dating) but she hear all this rumors all the time plus everyone said that without elvis life look dead on graceland also i think the lifestyle of elvis with his friends also could be great for a time but they never had privacy wich is hard to deal when you are a couple but i think both really love each other i saw the pics of them together and the videos and they look so happy together and also i have a concert audio when he was singing love me tender and i guess priscilla go near to him and also try to give him a kiss just like a fan and elvis when he finished the song gave her a big kiss cause you can hear woman that said ohhh in the audience and he said "i recongnise you after all"
But i think is hard for anyone to be in both positions.
I'm saying that the divorce is because of two and if Elvis said that the main reason was because he was traveling too much and no because other man or woman and I believe him .

Last edited by rachel162cl on Thu May 25, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:07 pm 
Owl

I also hear that elvis didn't had sex with woman with kids because he used to see them just like mothers and that happen with priscilla .
Anyone knows if its true.

Post subject: Cilla & her Fire Eyes
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, I'm not so sure that was their problem-it was simply a good excuse for leaving him...and not accepting blame.
But then I have only one side of the situation-his. From the day he gave her the engagement ring Elvis commited to being faithful and said she would never have to worry about that-he was dead serious. I had known him for several years earlier, his Cilla was perfect in his eyes, he was just waiting to be sure she knew what she wanted; she told him just to be his wife and have his children. He believed her. He was the happiest man around the first two years-even though he learned that while he was obsorbed in the tv show, in getting his career back, while he thought it might be the last chance he'd have to keep things happening and money coming in again as it had slowed with those movie days. And he had no hit records anymore. He left her alone, he slept at the studio with some of the guys so he could work on things, try things for the next days work. He put heart and soul into the show-he went against Col. Tom's orders and followed the director/producer's wishes for the show. He was scared he would flop, afraid he didn't have it anymore. And he neglected his wife who was at home recovering from giving birth-the baby was just weeks old at the time. She felt "ugly" as most new mother's do-and her husband was gone, making music and having fun while she waited, alone. Elvis admitted he neglected her, didn't realize how she felt he was just so worried that he would flop...he forgot to be a husband and a daddy as he should have been during that time-for her sake. But it was too late. She didn't like the fact the pretty blond girl was in the special-she had also been in one of the last movies wearing a mermaid suit. She heard things and accused him. He was angry that she thought that-he didn't come home for two days
and finally did and they made up. Then he wanted to do live shows-she didn't want him to, she was scared she'd lose him-he said he was thinking it over. She came home and the band was set up in her living room and she knew he'd made up his mind-but didn't tell her first.
And he was gone-for two months...one month rehearsing, the second doing the shows and he was so happy and excited over his sucesses he forgot to be a husband, at least not the one she wanted...coming home everynight for dinner like a normal husband would.
Elvis wasn't normal, he never would be or could be-he was Elvis Presley, that would never change. He told her to find things to do, join a club, meet some other mothers and do what normal wives do together. She took up dance lessons to get her figure back and after a few months he found out she was getting more than dance lessons. He was furious, but he forgave her as he knew he had not been home enough, was not there for her. He wanted the marriage to work, he wanted more children but he wanted her to have time to get used to being a mother before having another right away. He also knew she had not wanted a baby so soon, she had wanted to be free to be with him, keep him on a leash.
They went on, got past that rough spot and he was happy, for two years he was on top of the world...both in his career and with his home life that he thought was fine, she didn't give him any reason to think otherwise.
He was acused of fathering a woman's child, there was a photo of him with her in the dressing room downstairs-many people, men and women had their photo taken with him like that, he said he didn't know her, he took a lie detector test-a very long, detailed one and passed with no hint of covering up said the detective who gave it to him. The baby was born, Elvis had two blood tests done to prove he was not the father-both were negative.
Priscilla beleived him finally but not for long. Stories kept coming from VEgas, Palm Springs and other places of the guys cheating on their wives, wives were getting divorces, and Elvis was with those guys. She heard that he also saw other women-in his rooms, alone. Sometimes he did have dinner with someone, but he swore he never dailled with any of them, they were just friends-not lovers. She didn't believe him, she took up karate at his suggestion to help her be less lonely and they could do it together. Elvis was pleased, happy that finally there was something they could share and enjoy doing as a couple. She had met Mike Stone when Elvis introduced her to him at a Karate meet. Mike was married with kids; she started taking lessons from him and things became more day by day, until she was seeing him on the sly for more than a year and Elvis did not find out...she was also coming over to see Elvis as usual, being his wife. Then his little girl told him about mommy's friend and what they did together. Elvis was stunned, then angry. she had been staying with him as usual, goinig to bed with him and when he went to sleep she left him and the baby with a sitter and met Mike somewhere in Vegas. Elvis had her followed, he had proof, he confronted her and she confessed. She told him things that hurt him, putting him down in every way she could, and he said he was mean, he treated her badly but he thought that was what she wanted, not a childish kid, a real man who knew how to take what he needed...she cried and he felt "awful". She left and he went out to do his show. He did about 25 minutes, threw down the mike and walked off to go after her. She was gone and did not answer the phone.
They didn't talk for weeks, apparently, and when they did she told him she wasn't coming back to him not as long as he was so in love with his career and didn't have time for her or the baby. He let her go, and said he wanted her to think it over and he would like to try again.
But nothing worked-Elvis could forgive but he could not forget-not a second time. The lies and all the time she was coming to him she had come from her lover's bed to his and he couldn't forget it. He felt that their vows before God had been drug through the mud, and she didn't believe he hadn't been cheating on her. If he hadn't been with her-who had he been with? She didn't believe that he would wait for her-but Elvis swore that he did wait-I believe him. He did have a brief affair with one of his singers but it ended and he felt "guilty" the whole time,even though she was seeing another man, it wasn't worth it he said. He still felt married, wanted to be married and wanted his family back. Nothing worked, he couldn't forget and she wouldn't give up Mike anyway and Elvis couldn't trust that she would not see him or some one else. So they went separate ways, it was months before they could be civil with each other, and longer before Elvis could stop hurting over the whole thing. If he ever did. The day before his birthday she asked him to file for a divorce, he asked her if that would make her happy and she said yes. He filed on his birthday and they were divorced a few months later. He had already gone through several girlfriends but by then had settled with just one, Linda whom he was with for several years-then when he started "falling apart" as he put it, physically, he forced her to leave by "cheating" on her knowing that would make her decide to leave him and he wouldn't have to tell her to go. He said she needed to have a life of her own, she couldn't keep hoping that it would be with him because he didn't know how much longer he could go on. That was the first time he said he thought he might not live much longer.
I now realize that he knew then he didn't have many more years and maybe only a few months of being able to continue performing or even living. That was in early 1975-when he was having lots of painful episodes with his intestines and catching the flu, colds and anything else that came along one after the other. His immune system was failing him and so was his liver and kidneys.
And he had the worst form of glaucoma that caused terrible pain in his eyes and potential blindness, and he was having cluster headaches one right after another that was also dragging him down. We all know the rest of the story. But did Elvis cheat on his wife? Sexually, he didn't. Maybe he did with his friendships, with his needing some one to talk with and Cilla wasn't available-she was out on karate meets etc; many times when he called to talk to her before going to bed. She was letting him know how she felt-by not being there for him. But did he cheat on her first? I do not think so. He said he did not and I had never known him to lie-even when he should have to cover for himself. Even if he looked the fool, he told the truth. But I do not know both sides-only his version and what other people saw and heard on her side. No one really knows, but the parties in volved and only one is left to tell the tale. She is the one who has the right to say what she wishes, she was his wife. She has to live with it. So that's what I know, other people say other things, they saw him cheating-but it was after the deed had been done with the first man and then the second. The first time most of them did not know the details, the second time they did-and they didn't tell him a thing-and covered for her some times as well. The truth always finds a way to come out-and it did. Elvis said right after the marriage, he felt like he was living a storybook life, something you'd read in a romance book-and he said, I like it, damn I do! I remember saying, I hope your story will always have happy endings and he laughed saying, Me too-God me too! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:09 pm 
LIKE YOU SAID THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY, AND I DO BELIEVE AND THIS GOES BACK TO HOW ELVIS WAS RAISED. THAT ONCE YOUR MARRIED YOU ARE ALWAYS MARRIED, I UNDERSTAND THAT PRISCILLA WAS YOUNG AND ELVIS HAD ALREADY HAD A LIFE OF HIS OWN. HE WANTED TO GET HIS CAREER BACK WHERE IT USED TO BE, I NEVER HAVE BELIEVED THAT ELVIS CHEATED ON PRISCILLA. I THINK HE WOULD SEE OTHER GIRLS BUT AS FRIENDS, AND NOT TO BE ALONE. NOW IF IT WERE ME IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS. IF I LOVED ELVIS ENOUGH KNOW OTHER MAN EVEN THOUGH ELVIS COULDN'T BE WITH ME LIKE HE WANTED, ALL OF THE TIME COULD EVER TAKE HIS PLACE. I THINK I WOULD HAVE LOVED KNOWING THAT I WAS HIS WIFE THAT HE CHOICE TO MARRY AND ESPECIALLY IF I HAD HIS CHILD TO REMAIN HOME AND TAKE CARE OF OUR HOME, AND CHILD. I THINK IF I KNEW THAT ELVIS WOULD BE COMING HOME TO ME, AND I WOULD BE THERE WAITING FOR HIS CALL. TO ME HAVING ELVIS'S LOVE WOULD BE MORE TO ME THEN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. BARB!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I agree with you Barb she had everything a loving husband, beautiful child, beautiful homes, cars and jewels and still she wasn't happy.

She must have been proud to be Mrs Elvis Presley and act that way but instead she cheated on him with every possible morron who crossed her path.
Unbelievable.
I think there was a regret on her part after she left him, but he knew her by then, knew he couldn't trust her anymore and refused her to come back, even if he did love her still.

Tragic love affair but more acceptable because it is the truth and not every fairytale has a happy end.
Too bad. :(

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:21 pm 
Owl

I think is different to said that to lived in that position , because is true to our eyes she has everything but she was not happy , i think the fact was not the other man I think he was an excuse to left him like she said , because in that time many things happen like others girls wife also divorced like joe esposito's wife and jerry's wife plus i think she wanted to have a new life more normal and work and live by her own not only waiting for elvis because she wasn't the girl he met she grow up , I think is sad that this love story ended cause for me they look like the perfect couple and family in the pics with lisa when they posed .
I think both regret of how they act priscilla for left him and with other guy and not wait and fight for her marriage and break the family and elvis for not take enough time to priscilla like the song always on my mind said but i believe he acted because he had a lot of presion from coronel parker because that guy only wanted money and not care much about if elvis was happy and also the guys were there and for me they were the one that cheat and did all that things (as lisa marie said they did the worst thing ) and told elvis that it was better left the girls in home while they were touring and when i hear the boys talk they always put elvis bad saying he was a cheater and lived a single live when he was married
do you know any guy from the menphis mafia?? Cause i like some of them but others just take advantage from elvis money and fame and hurt him like west when he made the book elvis what happened?
And i read you said elvis and priscilla were close again in 1976 they never talk serious about comeback together? and if elvis were alive do you think they would be together ?Cause i have seen many magazines of the 70's and said elvis and priscilla re married or had another child
and i want to know if you met priscilla?
I hope you can answer the questions please.

Post subject: Cilla and Elvis
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

No, I never officially met Priscilla. I did see her arrive at Elvils' home in Bel when she was just a young woman, still a teenager and she came up with a collie dog and a bag of fast food? She gave him a dirty look and headed down a hall way. He had jumped to his feet, happy to see her but he had people, girls and guys there and she didn't appreciateit, I guess. He went after her and came back a little later with her behind him. She sat on the floor at his feet, one arm drapped over his knee and said nothing to anyone. We had been told not to talk to her if she showed up-by one of his guys. No one did. She left the room when another scantily attired girl started flirting with Elvis obviouslly right in front of her. Elvis was talking about the football they'd just had earlier and laughing and he didn't appear to even notice the girl. When Pris got up and head out he looked after her kind of puzzled, but went on telling his story and didn't seem to care where she went. I left shortly and don't know what else went on. I went by his house at his request usually, he gave me books, stuff for our little girl (Jimmie's & mine) and sometimes just to see him if he had been gone to Memphis for a while. I never stayed very long except for one time and that at his request-it was about 3:am before I got home that time-we sat outside in the dark and looked at the stars and the lights from below.
Until his guys came looking for him. And I had to get home. Jimmie worked nights and our daughter was at his sister's for the night as I didn't know when I'd be home. Anyway, I never got acquainted with any of his guys, only spoke to a couple of them. Allan Fortas I had spoken with more than any other, he was nice and not there all that often. I didn't talk to Larry Geller until after Elvis' death and that was briefly, he and his wife came to our Elvis convention in Garden Grove and Larry talked.
They both heard some of the tape I had of Elvis but it was intermixed with other things he had recorded (interviews) and shown as a slide show that Elvis did the naration of with songs and recorded comments. Larry and his wife were crying when they came up and hugged me and thanked me for doing that show. At the same show was the third guy who wrote the book with Red and Sonny (can't pull up his name right now) anyway, I felt almost sorry for him, he wasn't allowed in-he didn't have a ticket and had to stand outside. NO ONE spoke to him unless it was something negative apparently. He looked about to cry. His gain was -his loss. Some of the guys were okay and some truly loved Elvis-Charlie for one. I think his band members and back ground singers most likely new Elvis better than those who lived with him. By the way, Joe's wife was chummy with Cilla-they both got separated about the same time, from their mates. I think it was "catching" and Cilla might have believed what was being said, "It's all Elvis' idea, his fault, we wanted our wives over more but he didn't want his there so...etc:." There was a lot of that going on-I used to talk with a fellow that was there often and the things he heard and saw going on BEHIND Elvis' back were pretty bad. Elvis, especially in Vegas and on the road, slept and then began sleeping longer and longer-with a little help from whomever. Didn't have to have a babysitter for him that way. wjh

Page 2 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next