It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:52 am 
Phoenix

Quote:
but honestly I feel if the good Lord had meant Elvis to be a monk in silent prayer and meditation for his life, He wouldn't have gifted our dearest sweet man with that incredible, powerful voice that reached out and touched so many lives, helped save some lives too or turned them around, you know?! :) :wink:

Not to mention his sexy eyes, nose, mouth......smile.....body........phew!!!

LOL!!! :lol:

Vera.....(trying to cool herself down)!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Being as generous as Elvis was and with such strong sense of service, I don't doubt he wished at a certain point in his spiritual process, to be a monk, so he could bring out the most perfect pearls of wisdom and spiritual knowledge to give others.

I have never known of someone far in his spitirual path that was not eager to help others to walk their own course to God, rendering all his energies and intentions in that direction.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Quote:
Hi JoAnna! Sure hope you don't mind me asking! I just wonder if perhaps Elvis shared some of his books, spiritual thoughts and feelings he had with you within your friendship with him? He sure seemed such a spiritual sweet soul and do you have any particular memories pertaining to this side of Elvis?
Best wishes and blessings, Sue

I don't mind at all. Yes, he absolutely shared his spiritual thoughts with me. He kept his Bible next to his bed and would often read scriptures to me. He loved singing gospel songs and sometimes wished he had gone into ministry (he actually did minister to millions of people, tho, through his gospel music). I have a tape of him talking about God and Heaven, and his mother. I love playing his Gospel albums, they make me feel so close to him and God, and my own mom.

Many thanks, JoAnna, for sharing your memories with us as regarding Elvis' spiritual side and really appreciated what you say here, most fascinating! Agree with all you say here too and that tape must be something else to hear! His gospel albums are so very special and precious, as you mention he actually did minister to millions of people through his gospel music, for sure he did!

With reading Larry Geller's book recently I smiled with Elvis mentioning he'd love to have been a monk - now I'm certainly not suggesting Elvis could not have been a monk with his spiritual depth and love of mankind etc but honestly I feel if the good Lord had meant Elvis to be a monk in silent prayer and meditation for his life, He wouldn't have gifted our dearest sweet man with that incredible, powerful voice that reached out and touched so many lives, helped save some lives too or turned them around, you know?! :) :wink:

A BIG AMEN to everything you said here Sue my dear friend, and dearest JoAnna my thanks to you also for sharing your precious memories of Elvis' spiritual heart and soul with us. :D :D

Page 3 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3