It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: I received an "EP" ring
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I had a dream last night in which I received a very special EP ring!

In the dream, I am sitting in front of the TV watching an Elvis movie. My parents are behind me sitting on the couch. I know in my mind there are not enjoying the movie because they are not Elvis fans.

The next thing I know it is near my birthday and my parents give me this diamond ring for a present. The ring has a wide, though not thick, gold band with a single small diamond in the center. It is a beautiful ring and fits with my small delicate hands. The band is made of thin distressed gold and on it are the large initials "EP". At the time I'm thinking- so this is from Elvis and not EPE. I made the distinction in my mind between Elvis the man and the corporation which represenents him. The ring is clearly not a ring which Elvis wore but somehow it came from him via my parents.

Then the dream jumps again. This time I'm trying to fish the ring out of a large bottle of expensive perfume. Somehow it got in there. I got it out, washed it with water and no damage was done. I was, however, worried about all the expensive perfume which fell out in my attempt to get the ring out. Dream ends.

This dream may have more to due with my parents than Elvis, though not sure. I wonder what a ring symbolizes in dreams. I do not see the ring as representing any financial gift from my parents since they are nearly tapped out and can only help me out one more month. Why Elvis' initials on the ring? What could that mean? So many questions. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Laurie,

This is an interesting dream, I think. Not very easy to decipher, but here are some ideas:

the ring = symbol of engagement, commitment. Some times is used as a lineage' symbol, or as a token of recognizance (which I think is the meaning in this case). As it is beautiful, delicate, of value and fits perfectly your hand, it may represent the inner perception you have of yourself and the one you feel El'vis has from his privileged perspective. The EP on it is the "prove" the recognizance comes from El'vis. If it was from EPE, it would be a wordly thing, an enterprise, apart from human values and considerations.

Your parents give the ring to you = you feel the NEED of being recognized by your parents as a valuable human being ALSO.

The ring inside an expensive perfume's bottle = an expensive perfume is the paradigm of the wordly valoration of apparience. Your ring "trapped" inside that large bottle may represent your real valuable "YOU" suffocated by wordly wealthiness. It may smell good, but is not the real thing.

to get the ring YOU have to spill the expensive perfume
= you STILL worry because of your belief that to be your REAL YOU, it may have a high wordly cost. But the dream doesn't show that you are the one to pay for it, or anyone else... It's only perfume...! :wink:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wow, Amanda, your interpretation really resonates with me and makes complete sense. In a way, it relates to the dream I shared a few days ago, in needing to let go of the excess worldly weight/bagage or in this case perfume in my life, spiritually & emotionally speaking of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes Laurie, I also see the relationship there. Honored to help, my friend. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:29 am 
Site Admin

Wow Laurie that was a really interesting dream! :D Thanks so much for sharing it with us dear one and thank you too sweet Amanda for your help in interpreting it for her and us! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's my pleasure, Mari! :P

(I loooove to be able to have your face in mind when now I "talk" to you, Mari! 8) :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Very interesting-like Wow! I agree with what's been said above by all and I think that it is telling you that you can be what you desire but first must have that desire. The ability is there, one must open to it and inhale it all deep inside until it fills the void and takes away all fear and insecurity. He was watching over you, offering you insight but it's up to you as it is with us all, our wills must be willing.
The perfume that was "wasted" while you were trying is to me the work and effort, the esscense of all that one must do to achieve...no sense worrying about it-you woke up and that ended that. The ring with EP on it was like a message... you are priceless and one of a kind, like the one bright diamond-unique and fine as gold...the most valued of minerals...used even in making neculear weapons! Anyway, so many interpatations could be made but I kind of go with Amanda's ideas and insight because I thought like that before reading her words...I see things more "earthly" maybe and am not so spiritual minded as some of you all and that bends my take a bit, I guess. Her parents giving her the ring is a symbol that they love her, want the best, and that they have even accepted her as being "uniquely one" and Elvis put his "stamp of approval" on their thoughts in that regard. What they have given to their daughter is a gift, of love and caring and concern, which sends her back to them as being a "child" still needing them. Where she wishes not to be a child, but an equeal and that sometimes can't be reclaimed once we leave the "nest". Laurie is talented and intelligent, gifted and spiritual, her day will come, like a bolt from the blue.... wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's wonderful to see how what one thinks/feels about something may add to the totality! :P

Wanda,

Everything you said above makes sense to me also. I sure hope it works for Laurie the same way.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:09 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
, and that they have even accepted her as being "uniquely one" and Elvis put his "stamp of approval" on their thoughts in that regard

Wanda, I agree with everything you've said except the above. If I were to live with them, I would be under their complete control, doing what they would want me to do, and I would not be allowed to do as my heart would tell me to do. It has already been made clear to me that rules will be made, such as what time to go to bed, how and what jobs I need to apply for etc. They mean well, but they do not see me as someone having any kind of destiny from God. At any rate, I would rather die than live under such sufficating conditions. I need to breathe and have the freedom to pursue my own dreams. So living with them is not an option period. Yes, they do care about me & have helped me financially, but they do not understand the concept of following's one's intution. I remember one time recently I told me father that I did not feel led to apply for a particular job and he could not understand what I had said. It was a completely foreign concept to him and he had a knee jerk reaction to my comment. So, I have to be careful how I word things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:21 pm 
Dear Laurie,

Thank you for this interesting puzzle of a dream. Thanks Amanda for your illuminating look at the symbols. I always enjoy them:)

My gut reaction when I read it was to think that your parents love you but still are giving you a form of bondage. (My own father always equated jewelry as binding, like being put in chains. I think that's where my reaction came from.) So I wasn't really surprised to learn that you have some difficulties in shaking off your parents' control. And my heart goes out to you for that, I know how difficult that can be.

What I can't figure out is what the ring can mean when it comes from both your parents and Elvis, and yet your parents aren't Elvis fans. So the ring seems to represent two diverging worlds of emotion. I'm wondering: is the E one world and the P another? Or are your parents trying to cross the bridge into your secret world of preference by giving you something you really love? And maybe you would value a token of their empathic understanding of you so much that it'd be worth losing perfume for? Maybe if you felt more valued by them for who you really are, you would feel like you wouldn't need the perfume, you could just be your natural self?

In any case, Laurie, I wish you the best resolution with your parents. When my father was alive I used to observe to my friends, "Is it just me or is it true that no one can make you feel rotten as easily as your parents can with their disapproval?" Thank you for sharing with us, there are lessons for us all in here in here- I'm convinced- even if they are encoded.

:) Love,
Trish

ps I've been great friends with a Laurie for most of my life. I always feel like all Lauries are nice people and am heavily biased toward your name.

Page 1 of 4 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next