It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Elvis has not left my heart
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Many, many years ago, dearest Elvis, you came--singing and smiling into my life and once you were in my life you also took up lots of space in my heart; you were young then but something inside of you gave you courage enough to want to show the world that a poor man who happened to be born on a cold, cold day in January in a home filled with poverty--- could be so talented and yet also remain gentle and caring.
Now I am older and I have grandchildren and yet still on some days there is an empty feeling inside of me just like that day in August of 1977 when the One above came to take you home so that you would no longer experiece ANY type of suffering---no more struggling and the fears that you had carried vanished and were replaced by joy because you were with your mama and your daddy once again.
It is selfish, I know, to want you here with us so that we could still see and hear both your inner and your outer joy because that made us happy and that is all that you wanted to do---we did not know what each day was really like for you---because all we could know was a man with an amazing singing voice that filled us with some hope and some peace; and had we known of your struggles, I like to think that we could somehow have helped you so that you could still be singing songs that filled your generous and loving heart so full that you needed to share your joy with all who loved your singing and your most special and beautiful smile and your dreams of peace for all---- a simple task for you, we thought, and we did stand in awe of all you were capable of doing when the songs came out from your loving and giving heart.
You will never leave my heart dear Elvis. How could you? You continue to bring joy to so many with the rich musical legacy you left here on earth. You used to worry that one day you would wake up and all would be gone
But here I am and here we all are, 30 years after 1977 still loving you with hearts combined, that can share what you set out to do: to make people happy---even if just for a short amount of time.
Thank you, Elvis. I will love you for all of the time I am allotted and then one day the One above will take me home where you are today---with your first father--the one who sent you to us and who also took you away so that your pain would be gone.
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]