All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:35 am 
Site Admin

Love those snow scenes! Especially the red bird one, of course. Can we ever see a red bird anywhere and NOT think of Elvis? I sure can't -love to see them if only in and on cards or whatever! When we went back to the Nashville and drove through, we saw red birds a few times. Until then I don't think I had seen a real one in the wild. It was kind of like they just suddenly jumped out at us in a rest stop area where there were some big evergreen trees of some type. I guess they like those seeds or something-never read up on them but maybe I will. Thanks for posting them Laurie-I have a hard time thinking of it being almost Christmas as we don't have "family" here and Suzy hasn't had the big family/group affairs that used to be held at her place in Garden Grove in years now.
Everyone works in her family, and they are busy and don't do the party thing like she and Conny used to have. We had a couple and it was okay, but people by then, were too busy to come so we didn't do it anymore either. It was kind of like Elvis brought us all together and when he left, things kind of just came "undone" and people drifted away. Natural course of events, I suppose. It's been beautiful weather here the past few days, darn cold at night but nice during the day. We can see for miles and miles all around us-all the mountains are visable-clear down to Laguna Hills area in the southwest and Big Bear to the North. It's super this time of year and in October it's clear like this also.
My dad is expecting 3 inches of snowfall by morning-and they had the worst of the ice storm where he lives in the North West corner of Okla. he said it was pretty bad, no electricity for two days and a night at his house and more than 600,000 people had no power across the state. My bro couldn't get the back door open to get out of the house and had to take a hammer and break away the ice at the bottom of the door. But my dad said it wasn't as bad as the one when we lived in Jenks, Ok. when ice froze over older ice and it was almost impossible to even walk without falling down. If you broke through you were kneee deep in snow below the ice! I well remember that! Bye, wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:39 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie, as Wanda said I also love these snow scenes!! Beautiful!!

Concerning snow stormes in USA it seems that nature is going to extremes in many parts of the world. We can't deny the power of nature. She wants to remind us to respect her again, to respect and love life with all the God-made creatures and to live according to nature's and God's laws.
We will be forced if we don't take the step by ourselves. :roll:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sarena wrote:
Laurie, as Wanda said I also love these snow scenes!! Beautiful!!

Concerning snow stormes in USA it seems that nature is going to extremes in many parts of the world. We can't deny the power of nature. She wants to remind us to respect her again, to respect and love life with all the God-made creatures and to live according to nature's and God's laws.
We will be forced if we don't take the step by ourselves. :roll:

I share everything you said above, Sarena.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it seems that Mother Nature is going to vent her rage at what people have done to Mother Earth. It is kind of funny in many ways and I don't mean "laughing funny" but maybe strange is a better choice of word. I was watching a show on tv the other night about ancient finds and history of the earth. It amazes me that they are digging up artifacts of civilazations from thousands of years past and these people had some amazingly "modern" things going on that are astounding when thought about as they taught in school, ape like people carrying clubs and etc: who didn't speak like we do now. Anyway, these people were intelligent and had scientific minds to get things done as they apparently did. We are so silly to think we only have been here for some 2000 years! These finds were way before they estimate Christ was on earth-it was quite astounding to me that this isn't taught or even spoken about because what happened back then was the world became overpopulated and over used and again, it was human beings who caused vast changes in our climate etc: as they are now. Again we have over populated areas of our world and it's growing in leaps and bounds with some people starving to death from various reasons, drought and war etc: and killing each other over land etc:...and other people having plenty and not sharing much though they like to think they do-and then there are the ones with the money who want nothing but more money and don't care how they get it. We are living in the same kinds of conditions and our climate is reacting to what is happening. You can't have fires burining all over the world, buring rain forests, logging it and destroying natural conditions for unnatural ones, all the crap spewed into the air by factries and companies who don't care, all the stuff pouring into the water streams and thus into the ocean and the earth isn't able to clean it very well any more. The only pure water there is now is way down in caverns under the mountain range run offs but too far for man to get to if he had to do so....it slowly seeps into our natural water sources and that's how nature purifies it-by sending it through the soil-uncontanimated soil which is pretty scarace these days. Anyway, I guess that the Earth will take care of it's self, it always has, one way or another-and humans might have to start all over again with nothing but their brains and hands to do it with. Happened before, probably will again. At least that was what the tv show seemed to be saying. It does make one wonder about it all. Elvis would have said, "we don't know how Jesus is gonna do it, but He does!" He told me that one day when talking about the end times etc: and how it would all work out. I wondered how things could be done in the "blink of an eye" and he said that. But he went on to explain that a "blink of God's eye could be take years as no man could know the time the Lord was on." wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Indigenous peoples from around the world, including the Hopi of the Am.
Indigenous peoples from around the world, including the Hopi of the Am. SW, say that we are in the 4th age of civilization, and our age is coming to a close. In fact, there is serious speculation that the writer of the Lord of the Rings was actually writing about the end of the 3rd & previous age.

I agree that humans have been doing awful things to Mother Earth, but I don't believe cars/SUV's are the main factors heating up our oceans & air, in spite of the fact they are polluters. I think that is the biggest scam. Al Gore's movie alone has 88 errors or deceptions in it. For example, a 1000 years ago it was warmer than at any time during the industrial revolution. Interesting how that got left out of the documentary.

There is and has been ample evidence that every 11,500 years a major climate shift takes place on earth -- and the last one was 11,500 years ago. When it comes to environmental concerns, all we ever hear about is global warming global warming over and over again, day after day, to the point of everyone being brainwashed over it. In the mean time, far more serious environmental concerns get virtually ignored and overlooked. For example, the polluting of our oceans with mercury. Or the dying off of species which can never be replaced. In my own region, there is a species of salmon which is going to die out unless the dam gets a ladder. Well the ladder would cost millions of dollars. And all our govt.’s money is going overseas to the Iraq war, so this salmon species is getting ignored. The local Indians are suing the federal gov't, but we'll see how far they get. They are getting almost no press coverage. All we ever hear is global warming global warming. If these Indians & their lawsuit could get adequate press coverage, then maybe the politicians would do something.

One other thing, the UN is considering a global carbon tax, taxing everyone on the planet, or at the very least anyone who uses a car. And of course most would "feel good" about paying this tax, thinking erroneously that they would be helping to save the planet. Could all this media conditioning really be about an excuse to try & suck more financial life out of people? And how despicable is it that these same governments & their corporate bedfellows who have suppressed cheaper cleaner energies over the years now wish to tax the common folk who have had no choice but to use what they've only been allowed to use in order to survive in the modern world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
"I'd like to be remembered when I'm gone from this earthly life for my efforts to bring joy,
happiness and a time of freedom from everyday cares to other human beings.
Just think of me as the redbird in a winter worn bush on a snowy day--
a bit of color in a-sometimes dreary world." -- Elvis Presley
(quote taken from "We Remember, Elvis" by Wanda June Hill)

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much dear Laurie for posting this beautiful picture of the red bird for us! :D It looks so regal and as if it is keeping a very watchful eye on something, much like how I believe our dear Elvis keeps over all of us. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:05 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :D :D

What a beautifull PICTURE, Laurie :D :D They don´t live in the Netherlands, but I wanted to share "my redbird", who is with me 24 hours a day since a couple of weeks now... It doesn´t matter what time I go outside, to go shopping or just to feed the birdies... within 5 sec. he stands right next to me... Looking at me with those tiny little eyes... as if he knows me soooo well.... :D :D

I named him after ELVIS :D :D :D He is my little redbird :wink:

LOVE
Ka´rala

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:27 am 
Site Admin

What a beautiful picture of a sweet little redbird dearest Ka'rala! :D :D Since you said he is with you all the time, I'd say he is very appropriately named!! :wink: :P :D Thank you so much my friend for telling us about this and for posting this wonderful picture for us to enjoy!! :D :D

Page 2 of 5 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next