It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: GOD´S DREAMS FOR YOUR LIFE
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha my sweet Ladies.... :D :D

I wanted to share these words of Robert Schuller sr. today :D

Think of God as the Almighty Dreamer of Eternal Dreams.

God's first dream was to create a universe and then to create an earth and then His next dream was to create creatures.

And one creature would be like He is, a dreamer of dreams! The planner of plans. A doer of good things. We would become God's instruments on planet earth. And we would take the earth and keep it beautiful, and make it better for the rest of the human race. And then God's dream was that He would send His son, Jesus Christ, who would come to earth to show us how to live and how to die. And Jesus Christ became our Savior to die on a cross and rise again to tell us that we could rise again to live forever with Christ. Then God's dream was to use His Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus, into your heart and mine.

I've been a dreamer all my life. At four years eleven months old I had a dream of becoming a minister. Then in seminary, I had the dream that I could start a church made up of people who didn't go to church. I would share what wonderful things could happen when you embrace a creative faith and believe in bigger dreams and overcome your obstacles, and, where the church could be a Divine Dream Center to inspire you to receive God's dream in your heart.

I was in seminary when the Korean War was being fought and the news reported that South Korea was going to be driven into the ocean. And when that news broke, my classmate, Chun Yung Chang, who was from Korea said, "I've got to go home because it looks like we are going to lose and if I don't get home now, and we fall, I'll never be able to get back into my homeland. They need my help." So he was granted an early seminary graduation degree and went home to Korea.

We never heard from him year after year after year. So we assumed he was one of the many who died. It was in the early 70's when I was on that special Air Force assignment to minister to all the U.S. military bases in the South Pacific and Asia. In Korea, I spoke in Seoul and then at a Thanksgiving morning service at the military base in Taigu. A choir that came from a Korean church sang wonderfully. I said to the choir director, "I used to have a friend; I don't know if he's dead or alive, he came here before the war was over, his name was Chun Yung Chang."

"Chun Yung Chang! He is a great Korean! He is building a school where there is no school in the hill country!"

"If you can get word to him, tell him Robert Schuller said hello and I've been praying for him all these years."

That night we had a special Thanksgiving dinner in the general's quarters and the door opened, and in the door came a security guard. He went to the general, whispered something, and the general nodded his head up and down, and whispered to me, "There is a native Korean here. They're not allowed on base, but he wants to see you. Says he was in school with you, his name is Chun Yung Chang." And he said, "I've just given him permission to come in."

He turned to the man sitting next to me at the table and said, "Please give him your chair."

And Chun was brought in. We hugged, we cried, he sat next to me.

The general asked, "Where is he sleeping tonight? It's a three hour drive on a rough mountain road to his village. "He may sleep in the extra bed in your quarters."

So Chun was invited to sleep overnight in my generous quarters and we talked and talked past midnight.

"So why didn't you let us know you were alive?" I asked him.

He said, "Oh I'm so embarrassed I haven't done anything."

"You haven't done anything? I hear you've got a good school started."

"Yes," he said, "but it's just a school, nothing like in America. You build beautiful churches. We don't have the money to build good buildings."

I said, "Ask me, Chun, and let me help. Please, give me the privilege."

So I came back home and shared it with you, my congregation, on a Sunday morning. And you helped me and we raised hundreds of thousands of dollars, delivered it to him and he was overjoyed.

While Chun was building his school he wrote to me, "It won't be like your schools in America. We don't have running water so we don't have indoor toilets, that's too expensive and it and it won't have forced air heating. None of the schools have forced air heating in Korea."

I said, "But it gets twenty below zero. What do you all do? Do the kids still come to school?"

"Yes," he said, "They come and keep their winter clothes on, they keep their gloves on, they keep their galoshes on."

"That's ridiculous," I added, "put in forced air heating and flushing toilets."

"That's going to be expensive!"

"This is my project now," I said. "I'm helping you Chun. It is for God. We want to give the best impression of God we can, so we want to do our very best!"

The school was the first built with running water, flushing toilets, and forced air heating in this mountain village, and the whole country heard about it!

They were so grateful they invited us for the grand opening. They put up a plaque on the front hallway that's still there with the name Catherine Bates, Stuart Ehrlich and my name.

And how is the school doing today? It is recognized as one of the best schools in Korea. The president of South Korea is so impressed that he has named as chairman of a government education committee, the head of this school we built nearly forty years ago. The son of my classmate Chun Yung Chang, who took over the school when his dad died, is now a leader in South Korea national education!

NEVER SAY "NO" TO GOD'S DREAM. GREAT DREAMS OF GREAT DREAMERS ALWAYS COME TRUE UNLESS YOU KILL IT. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN KNOCK YOUR DREAMS OUT.

One day, maybe forty years ago I got a telephone call from a Korean student at Fuller Seminary. He had heard about our church buildings and wanted to see them. So he came here with a camera, and took a picture of our Good Shepherd statue. Then he looked at the Tower of Hope and said, "That is a beautiful tower, I'm going to build one like that in Seoul, Korea." After he graduated he returned to Korea and birthed a new church with a tent on a piece of rented ground with nothing, no money nor congregation. And the church grew and grew.

He was a dreamer of great dreams! His name is Sundo Kim and now on my visit last week I saw it! Yes, his church also has a Tower of Hope with a cross on top! The tower houses a counseling center, offices for all the ministers and officers. The sanctuary seats four thousand people. A phenomenal piece of architecture. And at the entrance is their Good Shepherd statue. Today Sundo Kim is the bishop and his son is the senior pastor of this church, the largest Methodist Church in the world. I spoke to two overflowing congregations of over 10,000 people, some watching through closed circuit TV. Wow!

Yes, this Crystal Cathedral and the Hour of Power is always motivating people to dream great dreams and never give up.

And that is where we are today! I must thank you and report to you what your dreams have done. And all of them started not in my head, not in your head, but our dreams start in the mind of God, the Almighty Eternal Dreamer of Great Dreams.

That's the message I want you to take from my words today. Believe in the God whom I call the Almighty and Eternal Dreamer of Great Dreams. And He shares His dreams with people like you who allow His impossible dream possess you. Dare to say, "God, with Your blessing, I'll try." And if you want to quit, ask God and He will say, "Don't quit. Hang in there." Dream the greatest dream and make it happen and the Almighty Dreamer of Great Dreams will make miracles happen.

I have a secretary called Maria. Two and a half years ago Maria was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. The doctor said she could expect to live only four months unless maybe chemotherapy might extend it a bit. So she took chemotherapy. She took these drugs. They were painful and Maria lived a whole year. And she kept saying, "I'm going to get well." She deliberately joined this church to be a member of this church because of the positive prayer power in this church. The tumor was still there and kept growing, so Maria took her second treatment of chemotherapy. She lived another whole year. Then a third and very, very difficult chemotherapy session. Maria was still alive after two years. A few weeks ago, when I was ready to leave for Korea she told me she would have a CAT scan because the doctor felt that after all of those treatments of chemotherapy the tumor was not shrinking. I failed to reach her to pray with her one last time, so I left a message on her telephone: "Maria, I'll be gone for three weeks. So I won't be surprised to get a message from someone that the cancer finally won." I said a personal message of goodbye with a prayer. And I said I love you and I was crying when I hung up the phone.

My last morning in Korea, I was scheduled to preach at Bishop Sundo Kim's church. I was going to share about dreaming the impossible dream - Against all odds, don't give up! You are the only one who can kill the dream. That morning an envelope was slipped under the door. Arvella said, "You have a letter from home from Maria." This is what I read:

August 10, 2007

I have wonderful news that can't wait until you get home. I went to my Oncologist last night and he told me the results of my CAT Scan test showed that I am CANCER-FREE!!!

The tumor has died and all that is left is a hard mass that has calcified.

That is the God we know in this ministry. The Almighty Dreamer of Great Dreams! And what are your dreams? How impossible are they? I invite you to accept Jesus Christ. You know, when the human race fell into sin and lost all faith, God came to us in bones, meat, hair and blood. He lived in human flesh. Jesus, the Son of God came, lived, then died on a cross. He paid the price for you and me so we can be set free, no hell for us. Then Christ's dead body came alive again. It was the resurrection. It was Easter. God, the Almighty Dreamer of Great Dreams, works miracles against all odds.

Where are you? I invite you to become a Christian. Become a believer and let God work miracles in your life!

Prayer: Almighty Dreamer of Great Dreams, help us to believe in the impossible dreams and then help us to go for it and make a difference in our lifetime. Go out and may the Lord bless you with His presence and with His peace, with His power to believe the impossible. Amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YikMhfKmBrY :P :D :wink:

A New Star

Bright Star shining in the night,
a calm wind whispers through the branches of a nearby Birch tree.

Illumination all around,
as the Stars above tell the Stories of Ages gone by.

What is this Story as it is unfolding,
the Star growing each and every night.

Traversing Time and Space,
seemingly full of Grace,
it does move on its own accord.

Revelation will bear witness,
as that final Day draws near.

The Love, the Joy, in its full Glory,
will be felt that Day all around.

The search will be over,
the Story is told,
and all share in that wondrous Light.

A Proclamation,
a Truth revealed,
as those still in that Light disappear,
and God's Home shown to those that are so Dear....

LOVE Forever
Ka´rala

.....Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us..... :D :D :D

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Many many thanks to you dearest Ka'rala for sharing these beautiful and inspirational words with us. :D Thank you also so very much for the link to such a beautiful and soul-stirring song. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"Dear Loving Father, THANK YOU, for the beautiful thoughts that are entering my mind, for the positive emotions of faith, hope, love, and joy that are swelling up within me, driving out the negative emotions and filling me with the peace and beauty of Your LOVE.... Dear Father, help me to dare to dream impossible dreams, because with You the impossible becomes possible. I know you are working within me and are able to do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or think. Father, You know everything about me. Please affirm in me the things that please You and reveal to me anything in my life that keeps me from knowing and following You wholeheartedly.... Halleluja!!! AMEN :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_cH9zswokA :D :D :D

Ka´rala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 am 
Site Admin

My thanks to you both dear Sue and Ka'rala my sweet angels for the beautiful words of love and prayer that you have shared here with us. :D :love: Thanks also dear Ka'rala for the link you posted to this beautiful Gospel song(one of my favorites :wink: :D ) where it is so easy to see Elvis singing his praises to his Lord straight from his loving heart and soul. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :D :D :D You are very welcome, sweet Mari... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkoI4d4eekc :D :D :D

LOVE
Carola

Ka´rala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

What an absolutely beautiful song Ka'rala my dear angel!! :D :D Thank you so much for posting this link!! :D :D As I listened to it, my heart sang in harmony right along with it! :wink: :D It is with great thanks to God, El'vis and to all of you my angels that I am now alot more able to let go and just TRUST IN LOVE!!! :wink: :wink: :D :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]