It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:!: :!: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Rainbow Light wrote:
Wow, don't he just get everywhere and into everything?!! :) :wink:

He most certainly does dear Sue!! :wink: :D Ain't it great??? :wink: :P :D Thank you for posting this very interesting article my sweet friend. :D I have always loved dolphins and I really enjoyed reading this!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

8) :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:28 pm 
Thanks, Sue,

I like to think this is no coincidence- I'm sure dolphin communication would have interested our friend Elvis...maybe he even had a hand in influencing the scientists to pick that lovely acronym??? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Golden Sky wrote:
Thanks, Sue,

I like to think this is no coincidence- I'm sure dolphin communication would have interested our friend Elvis...maybe he even had a hand in influencing the scientists to pick that lovely acronym??? :D

I agree sweet Trish. :D I don't think it's a coincidence either. :D Ya know, you may be right.......our dear Elvis just may have had a hand in influencing those scientists....... :wink: :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

I am sure he would have been interested-he was concerned about some of the things the army did when testing weapons-and wasn't too happy when he learned they used animals quite a bit to see "what the weapons would do" etc:. No need to go there. Anyway, very interesting they came up with ELVIS! And apparently it is "pain free" testing which is great. I worry all the time that Bushy is going to and has, at this writing, managed to get the Navy permission to test this high wave sonar that can make whales, dolphins and all other fish who use sonar to get around, confused and some will die. They aren't supposed to be where whales etc: are but it is no concidence I think, that the area they are testing just happens to be a few hundred miles (sonar travels vast distances in water) from the area where one type of whale has their young every few years.
To me that is utter nonsence and cruelty and I hope someday that whom ever is responsible for this decision and etc: has to have their eardrums blasted with sounds that cause extreme pain-for at least a week. That would be enough to get the point across, especially if they were so totally confused they couldn't find their way out of a paper bag for a while. It would be kind of like "hell" maybe? Payment of some sort...I think it fair. ..and "humane" too. Ah but I am a "bleeding heart animal person" what do I know? I know it was a very good thing I wasn't quite what the police department was looking for when I passed everything so easily until our finances were not up to par when it came to the last one. I would be legally carrying a weapon....oh dear! It even scares me! wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]