It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: ELVIS AND THE CUPCAKE....
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

YESSA AND ELVIS... Lisa had a little stove that she could "cook" on and it had a "light bulb" that would "bake" the special boxes of stuff, like cupcakes etc: and she would "make" him sit on the floor and watch her "cooking and baking" and then he "had to eat whatever it was"...it tasted "gawd awful sometimes" and he couldn't see how they'd "put sh... like that out for little kids" etc:... It took a while for the "light bulb" to cook whatever so she was doing something else and he sneaked down and got a cupcake the cook had made and exchanged Lisa's for it-she was totally blown away he said, and they ate it and she was just elated that she made it herself! He said he "never told her different and she was a little miffed that nothing ever came out that way again. He let her think the "Oven wasn't working right any more, he just didn't have the heart to tell her what he'd done-then he said she would have "killed me!" She was only about 4 at the time and he said when she was 7 she said, "Elvis, you put that cupcake in my oven! Didn't you? You better tell me, right now damn it!" He said he had to say yes because she was "beating" him up until he did, then they rolled on the floor laughing about it. He claimed he wanted her to call him daddy, but he loved it when she called him Elvis too...and she knew that from a very early age, I think.
Elvis loved that kid of his so much, he said several times she was the most precious thing in his life, he used a "big word" when he said, it was "incomprehensible when I think about it, she's mine, my child. Gawd, it-it lord, there's no words ...don't know the words..." He was totally awed by being a father.
So HAPPY VALENTINES DAY and enjoy this little story from the loving daddy's memories from 1976. wjh
It's sleeting, snowing and hailing here-and windy....coooolllldddd!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

PRICELESS, PRECIOUS, AND WONDERFULLY "SWEET" :wink: are the first few words that immediately come to mind after reading this touching story of fatherly love. :love: :D :D :wink: Leave it to our guy Elvis to be creative enough to "switch" little "Yessa's" cupcakes---sneaky little devil. Image :wink: :P When reading this part here "Elvis, you put that cupcake in my oven! Didn't you? You better tell me, right now damn it!" I had to chuckle because Lisa saying something like that to her "little daddy" shows she really is a "chip off the old block" and is truly her daddy's little girl!! :wink: :P :lol: Thank you so much dearest Wanda for sharing this very cute and touching story with us! :D :D It is so easy to see how much Elvis loved and adored his little "Yessa." :wink: :D :D I know that all fathers love their daughters but they just seemed to have an indescribable somethin' special that brings a smile to my heart to know about. :D :D Wish I could think of a good word to describe what I feel they had darn it, but me ol' brain just can't think of one right now. :P :roll: I hope you are having a happy Valentine's Day too Wanda and can certainly relate to the weather you're having. The last 2 weeks we've had single or NEGATIVE digit temperatures for a HIGH and about 2 feet or so of snow and wind w/ rain/sleet, etc.......to go along with it!!! :roll: BRRRRR!!! :P Stay warm my friend!! :D :D
ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
PRICELESS, PRECIOUS, AND WONDERFULLY "SWEET"are the first few words that immediately come to mind after reading this touching story of fatherly love. Leave it to our guy Elvis to be creative enough to "switch" little "Yessa's" cupcakes---sneaky little devil. When reading this part here "Elvis, you put that cupcake in my oven! Didn't you? You better tell me, right now damn it!" I had to chuckle because Lisa saying something like that to her "little daddy" shows she really is a "chip off the old block" and is truly her daddy's little girl!!

AMEN to that, dear Mari!!!!! :D :lol:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

MY HEART MELTS AND A FOOLISH SMILE STAYS FIXED ON MY FACE, READING THIS.

THANK YOU, WANDA! It's been a beautiful Saint Valentine gift!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:59 pm 
What Cute and Funny Story Thanks Wanda, and there is no Doubt in my Mind that she was and still is a Daddies Girl. She Looks and Sounds just like him, I wonder if she is as Sneaky as Elvis was? :lol: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:43 am 
Thank you Wanda for that sweet little story!

To me it seems that Elvis displayed the same kind of unconditional love and affection towards his own kid as his mom had for him, so he had a great teacher in her. I also think that he was looking for someone who loved him as unconditionally in return, after she passed away. And Lisa did and still does.

Weatherwise I have to say dear Wanda, and not to make you jealous or anything :D , but it´s been so warm and sunny the last few days here in southern Germany, that my face is already full of freckles! Birds are singing, bees are flying around...

Have a great week everybody!

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:48 am 
Thank you for this precious story Wanda! Elvis is completely right: why DO they put that junk out there for little children to eat?

Ingrid, thank you for the insight that maybe what Elvis and Lisa had was close to what he had with his mother. I never thought of it that way. It's just inspiring for me to consider the enormous love between Elvis and Lisa: I wonder if it's more than what a lot of people ever feel in their lives. You can see it on Lisa's face when she talks about him, the sacred love and respect she holds for him and him alone. I feel honored to even be able to look in on their heavenly relationship through my little window and see it.

Hope the weather warms up for you Wanda and Mari! We are in Pennsylvania and it was short-sleeve weather yesterday (!) but we're expecting snow tomorrow. So maybe that "chinook" is blowing your way now. :)

Love & Peace,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:07 pm 
Quote:
I wonder if it's more than what a lot of people ever feel in their lives.

Hello Golden Sky, I think given the extraordinary circumstances they lived in and that Elvis was such a special human being, their relationship was probably more than what ordinary people experience. But love is difficult to measure I guess... everyone who is able to give and receive love in their lives is very privileged, right? Yet there are so many people in this world who have to do without...

Bye bye!

Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:59 am 
Hello again Ingrid,

So true that love is difficult to measure. I do like thinking about it, though: all the forms and varieties of love, the whole idea of soul mates, of people who are happy without ever taking part in romantic love (Sri Daya Mata comes to mind), and how people overcome the tragedy of losing the people they love the most.

Probably the reason Elvis is so important to me is because of the extraordinary love he had for people. I wish more people were like that. What's a little sad to me is that his daughter doesn't seem to have the same grace. When I saw Lisa singing a song whose lyrics repeat "I hate your guts" I thought, "Wow, she really still needs her father's help." Maybe she'll live long and learn much...I hope so.

Nice talking with you:)
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:02 pm 
Nice to talk to you, too, Trish :D

I think about love a lot, too. Especially that I´m so grateful for the loves I have in my life. I´m so glad that I ran into this great guy at a college party 9 years ago, who today is my husband and even though I don´t really know how to define a soulmate, I think that´s what we are. I feel so safe with him, and nothing can hurt me, we trust each other 100 %.

What did I do to deserve that? Actually I don´t believe that there is only one person out there who is the right one for you, but you have to be so lucky to run into those people who are. Sometimes you find someone attractive and you THINK you´re in love, but the next minute you think about what you would want to change about that person to make him or her perfect for you...

Love has so many faces, and I think no matter in what form it comes to someone, it does only good things to a human being.

I also love Elvis because he had so much to give that goes beyond the obvious. And as far as Lisa is concerned, I think she is a lot like her dad, but she grew up in different circumstances, at a different time. Plus, I guess she made it her mission to be her own person, so she isn´t compared to him so much, BECAUSE she´s actually very much like him.

Have you ever seen Lisa and Priscilla on Oprah? If not, check this out:

http://www.presleyspride.com/

It´s really worth watching :wink: !

Oh boy, enough now :D !

Love,
Ingrid

Page 1 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next