Post subject: Ginger selling more stuff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:50 pm 
Pharaoah

http://www.guernseys.com/Auctions/Pugliese/ginger.html

Looks like Ginger selling more stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Well, she should have plenty to sell from what his father said, that she was carrying out boxes by the dozens of "her things". He more or less said she was "taking things" and wasn't happy about it.

It all seemed a bit callous on everyone's part, but I guess that she had earned things for being there with him etc:...though from his view she wasn't there all that often and he was alone a good part of the time-feeling bad of course, but she wasn't "nurse maiding him" as he would have liked, I think.

And if she can get anything for them, he wouldn't care-that wasn't one of his big things. He always said if anyone could get something by using him in some way, to do it. Like photos and etc:...he didn't mean use his name etc:...just things that didn't matter alot. I think though he expected people to keep his gifts at least for a while...there isn't anything we have that we'd part with-and we have been at the lowest point money wise a time or two since and we didn't even consider sellilng something of his.
No way...not in our lifetime!

A book is different-especially if written not to distract from his memory and writeen with love and understanding. Even doing that has not brought us much in financial returns. I paid for everything that was done on the second one and on the first we paid our own way for the book tour we did and only had paid rooms in a hotel when I had to be on tv and the publisher "thought I ought to look rested etc". I thought that was funny.
Anyway, we wouuld do it all again if we were younger-it was fun and
though it was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life, it was worth it because we got to counter the bad stuff and get some truth out there.
Still feel the same way too...it's all worth it. all the time, tears, heartaches relived, effort, cold fingers and toes (it's cold here in my office) and all the stiff necks and sore wrists from typing too. It is worth it...just to get the information out to his fans who want it. I don't care about money-
we have enough to pay our bills and keep our creatures and that's good enough. We don't travel, party or eat out much either-I don't trust foods I didn't buy and cook at home anyway... I just want the books available to those who want it and who are led to find it. that's all. Guess I am nuts in some ways. But I'm satisfied and I nothing about it bothers my sleep. Good enough.
I don't think ill of her for selling things, I'm sure she keeps some that are very dear in memory, but other stuff, why not? At least other people will get to enjoy it and see it and have it. Elvis wouldn't care. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

why do I feel as if he was in a position that closer people got to Elvis harder they understood him.I don't want to say I'd be a better friend to him but all his relations, male or female looked and felt like they were out of it all the time,wasting the real jewel in him ,just trying to collect the crumbs on the floor,while he was already made his whole life available to them..tiresome..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Since I was about 7-8 years, I thought I could never be a Judge, because I found out it to be quite difficult to judge others behavior, 'cause I "knew" there was ALWAYS a justification for it if one cared to look beyond. I've not changed that point of view.

I like to imagine a scene: Ginger needing to exercise to set herself free of bonds with the past, openning her wings to fly and El'vis encouraging her to take that step. :wink: :P

Another consideration is: things are what one makes of them and it may change -or not- with the pass of time. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
..........A book is different-especially if written not to distract from his memory and writeen with love and understanding.

Most certainly my dear angel your WONDERFUL book was written with an ABUNDANCE of both!!! :D :D :D Thank you so much for letting us know how Elvis would have felt about Ginger selling the things he gave to her. :) I'm just sorry to hear that poor Elvis was feeling bad and still felt like he was all alone even though Ginger was "around." :cry: :( I can't remember where I read it now--it was a while ago, but I read somewhere that one day while Ginger was still "with him" so to speak that Elvis said (to one of his cooks I think) when Ginger wasn't at home "dammit I've spent more than $60,000 on that girl and she STILL won't do what I want her to do!!! I think I'm going to cut her loose." My darn memory ain't what it used to be so I can't remember where I read this :roll: :oops: , but I'll never forget what it was that he said!! :o :shock: Wanda could he have been talking about how he asked/told her to accompany him on tours he went on but she kept saying no??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:47 pm 

Wanda:

After looking at what is for sale I personally feel like Mr. Presley was right. Most of the things, to me any way, seem like things she might have taken after his death and not what he gave her. Only my 2 cents but how I feel. Very calculating.

Di

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:08 pm 
If the Things Ginger took is what she should not have taken then WHY! did Vernon ALLOW her to, and I would think Lisa would be getting involved. I know how Elvis felt about Material things, but didn't he have things of his Moms he didn't what Touched, and Cherished? FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

this is a little different than judging..well, more like not being able to understand,at least for me ,that what's wrong with those type of bonding or how these things harm your freedom..unless there's regret.Then again it's my way of thinking.since all my loved ones and their memories never was a part I wish to free myself from.I still have my beloved cats' things,those little toys, beds, dishes,blankets etc.,sounds like an ill behaviour maybe,but I already have a list of other insanities in my life.. :roll: :lol: :lol:

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

I'm with you Zey, my list is pretty long now too! I have things I won't part with too, from pets including horses we've had that are gone now. And dog collars and all the dogs tags with their names on them... Starla will keep some things I think too, especially Elvis related, she still has wraping paper and ribbons etc:...and I have some things too. I keep my grandmothers things, Suzy's things, Jim's mom's dolls etc; and cards. I have drawers and boxes of cards. And probably will have more before I'm gone. Still, some people don't have that connection and Ginger might need the money for something important-Elvis wouldn't care. I know he hung on to everything that was his moms and now they are still doing that and displaying things which I think is great-because his parents are the ground that made him what he became too. His grandmother had things and I'm sure they have those-Lisa says they have a huge storage area and more than one I gather...earthquake and tornado proof too. I sure hope so with the storms they have back there these days! Anyway,
as for Vernon, he was so distrought and shook he wasn't able to do much of anything rational. He was so upset and he did make her leave some things when he discovered what was happening, but most of them didn't have a clue what she had and didn't have. She had jumpsuits too I understand-and I can't see Elvis giving her them-but he might have-we have no way of knowing. If he wasn't going to wear them again-plus he had duplicates of most anyway. So who knows. Whatever, at least they are back out on the market and maybe if Lisa wants something she sees, she can get it-Pris also-they have the money-no problem there.
Ginger knows what was going on, she lives with whatever it was and if she can have a good life, well, I wish her well and happiness too. Elvis would want that. He cared about her and he would want the best for her as she has paid a lot for being there when he died just a few feet away and she was unaware. I sure wouldn't want to have been her, it must have been a terrible strain and heavy load to carry for a long, long time.
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 am 
Quote:
as she has paid a lot for being there when he died just a few feet away and she was unaware. I sure wouldn't want to have been her, it must have been a terrible strain and heavy load to carry for a long, long time.

Wanda, that´s the first thing that always comes to my mind when I hear and read about Ginger. What a burden!

Plus all the comments that Elvis would still be alive if Linda had been with him... Ginger was also very very young when she was with Elvis, and while some say really bad things about her, like she was only there for whatever she could get, others say (e. g. Larry Geller) that she was just scared and didn´t know what to do. A few blame her mother for pushing her and being greedy herself...

Maybe there´s some truth in everything, I don´t know. Anyway, whatever happened, she has paid a high price. At least I hope for Elvis´sake that she cared and is not the coldhearted calculating person she´s sometimes turned into!

Ingrid

Page 1 of 3 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next