It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

I thank you so much ladies for the wonderful feedback to my above post, but dearest Marjorie I think it is you who encapsulated it all so perfectly with what you just posted above and to which I say a BIG AMEN!!! :D :D :D

Post subject: love
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Always with love is how I think about the beauty, the giving and the passion filled heart that was Elvis. We are blessed because we are here now and Elvis will always live in my heart. That smile, maryinthemorning, in your avatar, is what I see when I close my eyes when I am listening to him sing "Mary In The Morning" or "Just Pretend."
His smile makes it difficult to stay sad for long.
He said "I am just a man...." but we know he was and is so much more than that!
Love always,
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject: Re: love
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

73smile wrote:
Always with love is how I think about the beauty, the giving and the passion filled heart that was Elvis. We are blessed because we are here now and Elvis will always live in my heart. That smile, maryinthemorning, in your avatar, is what I see when I close my eyes when I am listening to him sing "Mary In The Morning" or "Just Pretend."
His smile makes it difficult to stay sad for long.
He said "I am just a man...." but we know he was and is so much more than that!
Love always,
Marjorie

AMEN and oh how you have beautifully spoken the true feelings of my heart here dearest Marjorie!!! :D :D :D :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:14 pm 
Marjorie Thank You for what you said, I myself when I Listen to a Elvis singing a song. I smile and at the same time I have tears running down my face, its because I feel that Elvis is singing just for me. The Love he gives me No Words can really Express! :love: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:44 pm 
I'm joining the chorus here and saying AMEN, Marjorie, Amen.
:D

Post subject: Re: ELVIS AND THE CUPCAKE....
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:08 pm 
What Precious Memories Lisa Has! :D :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

This is a question I missed back here, I don't think I have seen a book about Elvis' relatives going way back-I have only heard of Opraha's comments and then what Elvis had to say-and the few books I've looked at that Starla's bought in the past few years. She buys selectively, only those who have said good things about him and mostly of them are bio's of those working with him.
She's got several I've never read at all, maybe I will get the time for them one of these days when I have the time to just sit down and read something else.
I have read through some of Joe E's book with all the different people saying a blurb or two, and two of L. Geller's books and then Jerry Shilling's, the one written by Linda T.'s friend also. But that's about it, at least those I can still remember looking at-boy, it's not easy to keep thoughts these days, my brain goes out to lunch much easier the older I get. Anyway, thought I'd answer Ingrid's question about his ancestors-he would have enjoyed learning more about them himself. He spoke of wanting to go look at battle sites from the Civil War days- I don't know if he got to do much of that-he didn't speak of it, if he did other than having done so when going down to perform in the deep south areas. He thought he had lived in the past as a young Southern soldier who was shot early in the war-said he "dreamed about it" and it was so real he woke up and had to feel to see if he was bleeding-wjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I know that Elvis had Concerts here in Virginia, at Richmond, and Roanoke, and Hampton Roads. It is to bad he never got to go through the Civil War Museum in Richmond and to have come here to the Shenandoah Valley where I live to have seen the Many Civil War Battle Fields that are here. :love:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Certainly, as you say, it is a shame Elvis got to visit the places he would have been interested to see and sight-see as a tourist sometimes too!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :wink: :wink: :hug:

Page 3 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next