It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: another link
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

www.alibris.com is a link to search for books as is abebooks.com. I use bookfinder a great deal and also the library in town has an ongoing book sale where i have found 3 or 4 books about Elvis that were out of print.
I believe Barnes&Nobel.com searches for books, too, as does amazon.com and many other sites and used book stores are also places I look for books and also tag and garage sales.
The old things that were called records are making a comeback in the USA because the sound is actually better on some as are 8-track tapes. There is a place called www.8trackheaven.com that lists different titles.
I have Grob's book and really did not find it too interesting but it shall stay in my Elvis library of books and records and movies and concert videos and DVDs. :)

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 am 
Ingrid...wonder of wonders...MY husband is jealous, too!!! What a coincidence :lol: He says, "How would you like it if I was obsessed with another woman?" I say, "Just so long as she's not alive anymore. Plus, Elvis is a spiritual teacher." He says,"That's not why you kiss his picture."

Ongoing little quarrels like that...

I hope you get to Graceland!!! :)

Marjorie, thanks also for the links. We can never be too prepared to find good, cheap books about our hero.

Love,
Trish

Post subject: I must be blessed
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:55 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

My husband does not care that I love Elvis because he does too. He enjoys listening Elvis Cds and he knows the joy that the love for Elvis brings to us both!! :)

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:02 pm 
Well I'm so happy for you, Marjorie! That's great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:06 pm 
Trish, you are cracking me up! "That´s not why you´re kissing his picture..." :D :D :D Exactly!
He´s so right :wink: ! Right?

Love,
Ingrid

Post subject: Re: I must be blessed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

73smile wrote:
My husband does not care that I love Elvis because he does too. He enjoys listening Elvis Cds and he knows the joy that the love for Elvis brings to us both!! :)

My husband pretty much falls into this category like yours does sweet Marjorie as we both really enjoy and love all things Elvis, although dear Trish when you said above that your husband said to you "That's not why you kiss his picture.", I had to giggle and have to confess that I've heard the same kind of thing from my own dear husband a time or two also!!! :lol: :wink: :P :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:55 am 
Thanks, Mari, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :lol:

My husband took a picture of me kissing Elvis's picture (and let me tell you, it's a gorgeous picture of Elvis), and he thought it was funny. But then he got all annoyed when I wanted to buy that same picture for all my friends (so they could kiss, likewise.) We have our Elvis ups and downs. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:01 am 
Oops! Ingrid I missed your post. I'm glad I cracked you up..it's actually my husband who is funny here, because he really does say stuff like that. :lol:

Love to you all,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:22 pm 
My husband is the funny one, too (Trish :wink: )... You know for him, Elvis is a relique of the past, we´re both born in 77, so you can´t blame him. Elvis is not a part of our generation, but he´s so special to me because I started listening to his music as soon as I could handle my dad´s record player. The records are in amazing shape today, surprisingly, given the fact that they were in MY posession from the age of 4 :D !

Anyway I wish I could capture my husband rolling his eyes at me when I listen to Elvis or watch TTWII for the xyz. time! It´s priceless! He goes "just WHAT is so special about him"??? I have to give him credit for trying to understand me, he thought he broke major news to me when he told me he had done a little research and found out that Elvis´ancestors where German :lol: . Cute, isn´t he? And he thought Speedway was a great movie.

We all have our little quirks, don´t we :wink: ?

Love
Ingrid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:58 am 
Ingrid wrote:
My husband is the funny one, too (Trish :wink: )... You know for him, Elvis is a relique of the past, we´re both born in 77, so you can´t blame him. Elvis is not a part of our generation, but he´s so special to me because I started listening to his music as soon as I could handle my dad´s record player. The records are in amazing shape today, surprisingly, given the fact that they were in MY posession from the age of 4 :D !

Anyway I wish I could capture my husband rolling his eyes at me when I listen to Elvis or watch TTWII for the xyz. time! It´s priceless! He goes "just WHAT is so special about him"??? I have to give him credit for trying to understand me, he thought he broke major news to me when he told me he had done a little research and found out that Elvis´ancestors where German :lol: . Cute, isn´t he? And he thought Speedway was a great movie.

We all have our little quirks, don´t we :wink: ?

Hi Ingrid!

I think we're at risk for "kidnapping" yet another thread, because I have so many responses to this. :D I'll try and make it all brief:

1) I love that you've been listening to Elvis since you were young! I wish I had that long history with him. I just became a fan in 2006 and paid almost no attention to him before that. (Geez, I wasted my life.) I was born in 76.

2) Your husband does sound cute and funny, and how wonderful that he researched Elvis's ancestry for you! Obviously, that's real love. You two seem to have great chemistry, it's heartwarming even to read about it. :D

3) TTWII!!!!!!! Oh my gosh Elvis is just the most beautiful creature in the world!!!! How can your husband not see it, not understand? :lol: Those silk shirts, my goodness. You know, my husband would look absolutely pathetic in one of those shirts or I'd make him wear one just like it so I could feel that Elvis was closer in spirit.

Oh and I love that you watch TTWII over and over. I'm the same way, I actually take some weird pleasure in being compulsive. One of the things that comforts me about Elvis is that he, too, was like that. I love that he would sing Jingle Bells 50 times in a row or listen to "Where Does Love Go" 75 times in a row, and that he read the same books over and over. I think in his case it shows loyalty to ideas and depth of emotion and commitment. I think in my case, it's probably something less admirable. :D

5) IS Speedway good? I'll have to watch it!

I could go on and on, but out of respect for the forum, I'll hush...

Great talking with you.
Love,
Trish

p.s. Your English is outstanding...how did you learn it so well? I've been meaning to ask you which part of Germany you are from. I spent a few days in Munich/Munchen about 10 years ago, and I actually cried in front of my traveling companions :oops: because I was so upset I'd never live in there. "I'm too stupid to learn German!" I cried, and shed bitter tears. (I'm usually much more emotionally reserved than that, they were kind of shocked, if not appalled.) I've traveled quite a bit, but Bavaria is still my favorite place in the world.

Page 2 of 4 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next