It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

You are very right dear Trish--we most definitely are a family here!! :D :D It saddened me to hear that your lost your dear mother to cancer because I did as well. :cry: She had ovarian cancer, I've been dealing with uterine cancer so needless to say I am more than a little concerned about what may lay ahead in the future for my precious daughter. :( She already struggles enough as it is with her autism. :( Because of all of this, I have done alot of research myself on different things regarding this and it does indeed seem like you are very well read and educated on it too. It was so sweet to read that you wanted to "tread lightly" regarding this topic but no worries about that where I am concerned hon. :) :wink: I have a very open mind regarding things like this and can't tell you how much I greatly appreciate you taking the time to tell me about all of this and help me out in this way!! :D :D The miso soup sounds interesting and I will definitely be looking into it as soon as I get a chance! :D However, I unfortunately found out that I am HIGHLY allergic to iodine when I had to have a CAT SCAN done last year with contrast. :( It took less than a minute after they put it into my IV before I started having a severe reaction to it so I guess supplementing the radiation treatments that way is out for me. :( I had to smile when you said that you didn't want to pretend like you were my Dr. because the 1st Dr. I had in dealing with all of my health issues a while back laughed at me and made fun of me when I, as an informed patient, asked her from the get-go if the symptoms I had meant that I had cancer. She wasted 6 months of my life and treatment because of the way she MIS-handled my case!!! :( :x So needless to say, I would much rather have had you as my doctor!!! :wink: :P :D Anyhow, I have to say that you most certainly have inspired me a great deal to explore all of these options that you have talked about here. :D :D Thank you so much dear angel for being such a good friend to me!! :wink: :D :love: Please know that I'm always here for you too sweet lady if you ever need anything. :D :D :love: BIG HUGS right back to ya my dear friend!!! :D :D :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm 
Thank you for your most interesting reply, Mari. I'm sorry I haven't had time to browse the Chapel of Love section and find your story yet- my house has been crazy lately! So much of what you told me comes as a surprise.

My mother also died of ovarian cancer and my eyes almost popped out when I read your post (like this: :shock: ) because I'm a hypochondriac, and my immediate thought was, "Oh no! This means I'll get uterine cancer, too." Well, who the heck knows what's in store for me? But it makes me happy that you are also an informed patient. We are the pains in the neck at the doctors' office aren't we?! :lol: But that's a survival skill these days! So a toast to us... :D

I'm so very sorry to hear your daughter has autism. Wish I could hug you!! (Or at LEAST find an emoticon of a hug to put here!) I can only imagine how stressful that must be, and you mothers who tend to special needs children and drench them with love are my heroes. (I'm hugging you again now :D)

Your doctor's mismanagement of your case makes me angry, plainly speaking. It was the same way with my mother...the doctor didn't listen to her concerns about cancer. I'm trying to gain an enlightened perspective about this kind of complacent doctor, trying to muster up some compassion for the humans involved in the "establishment," but it's touch and go. Maybe it's like that for you, too? My ability to forgive seems to depend on my mood that day! :lol:

I have a very dear friend named Marie who is almost 75 (my father dated her), and she has beaten both a gynecological cancer (she never told me which one) and lost both breasts to breast cancer in her early 40s. She is tremendously fun and spunky, and she's my role model! I tell myself that if I ever get this dread disease, I'll whip it, just like she did. And even though I can't picture you in my mind ('don't know what you look like yet!) as soon as I learned you've had cancer, I thought, "She'll be another Marie!" :D OK? So be another "Marie" :lol: and in the meanwhile, we'll be here (with Elvis, of course :wink:) to hold your hand through the journey. We PROMISE you'll never walk alone!

Mari, I'm so glad you're part of ELC because this has to be the best forum ever :D and we are all overflowing with prayers and best wishes for your happiness. I always look forward to talking with you and especially now that I know we have this common legacy with our mothers, and common concerns and interests.

Much love and many hugs,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:32 pm 
Site Admin

You are very welcome dear Trish, and I in turn thank you for your wonderful and caring reply also!! :D :D No apologies necessary sweet friend for not having had a chance to get into Chapel of Love yet and read my story hon. :wink: It ain't goin' anywhere so please feel free to read it whenever you get a chance. :wink: :P :) Trust me, I can MORE than relate to having a crazy house!! :lol: :wink: :P :D Oh my gosh Trish!! :o My eyes did the same thing that yours did when I just read that you lost your mother to ovarian cancer also. :shock: Your mother's illness doesn't necessarily mean that it will definitely affect you, so please try not to worry dear angel. :) It makes me just as happy to know that you are an informed patient too!! :wink: :D Yes, we are definitely pains in the neck at the doctor's office, but like you said it is sadly a necessary survival skill these days so most definitely.......a toast to us!!! Image :wink: :P Thank you so much for your loving thoughts about my daughter's autism. :D :love: Yes, it can be VERY stressful and difficult alot of the time, but at the same time my precious little one reminds me of our own dear Elvis in that she centers from a place of GENUINE LOVE FOR ALL!! :D :D She shows such genuine love, warmth, caring and affection for any and every person she comes across!! :D :D However, she has also gotten very hurt by people(strangers) sometimes when she attempts to be kind or talk to them because I guess sadly nowadays people don't appreciate being bothered, even by a well intended child, and she has been treated like she's some sort of weirdo or something. :( :( Yet, even being treated like that, she still treats those people in the same loving fashion. :wink: :D Sweet Trish, you said mothers like myself are your heroes and my heart overflows with love and gratitude for you for saying that!! :D :D :love: My little girl is my hero for all that she has gone and will continue to go through because she always goes through it with LOVE!! :D :D My doctor's mismanagement of my case made me really angry too!!! :x Even though like you said, you try your hardest to be forgiving and muster up some compassion for complacent doctors and the humans in the "establishment", when someone is messing around with your very life it's really hard ya know?? :? :roll: It does indeed depend on the mood I'm in much like yourself---touch and go like you said!! :wink: :P Your friend Marie does indeed sound like a great role model for you and I am so honored that you would compare me to someone as strong as she is and may God bless her for all that she has been through!! :D :D I have no doubt whatsoever that God forbid if you should ever be diagnosed with anything like I have been dealing with, you will most definitely whip it like Marie did because of your own beautiful, positive and upbeat attitude!!! :wink: :D :D That's a BIG part of it believe me!! :wink: It does my heart so much good to know that all of you, along with our dear Elvis :wink: are holding my hand along my journey!! :D :D I am so happy to be a part of ELC and I'm really glad that you are too dear lady!! :D :bouncy: You are right in that it definitely IS the best forum ever and I too so enjoy talking with you dear friend, especially in light of our common legacy with our mothers, as well as our many shared interests and concerns!!! :D :D :love: :hello: (A) I send many hugs and much love right back to you my angel!! :D :wink:

Trish since you said you couldn't picture me in your mind since you don't know what I look like, here ya go hon!! :wink:

Mari/"Marie" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:01 pm 
MaryInTheMorning wrote:
when someone is messing around with your very life it's really hard ya know?? :? :roll:

Yes, I can imagine this quite well. And I think sometimes forgiveness is overrated :lol: What I mean to say is, I think there's a limit to how much love the regular person can be expected to have for people who harm them. When Ghandi was shot, he turned to his assassin and raised his arms in a gesture that means, "Greetings!" right before he died. But even Jesus wasn't that sweet to the people bringing him down. We don't read about Jesus saying warm things about Judas after the fact, do we?? So I think we can be good people, mentally healthy and bright people, and still hold some little grudges. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I think. :wink:

Your daughter sounds like an absolute sweetheart and angel. You warmed my heart talking about her. The world definitely needs more people like her, who will shower love on people regardless of whether they can "receive" it in the moment or not. Your daughter reminds me of a quote from the book Lost Horizon: "Her beauty, like all beauty in the world, is at the mercy of those who don't know how to appreciate it." But she seems unsinkable anyway! :D I really do smile to imagine her loving, accepting nature. :D

Now, please accept my condolences for having your husband away from you for a whole week! If you're anything like me, that can get very lonely. I LIKE being alone, I thoroughly enjoy my private time, but when my husband and I are away from each other for days on end, I get all disoriented and my heart aches. I'm so used to having him around!

I've been reading your story in the Chapel of Love section as time permits and it's so incredibly touching. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us and for allowing your friends to lavish you with soothing words and advice. It's all a shining testament to the good in people. And obviously I hope your story, your path to healing, becomes an education in happiness, miracles, and love all around. :D :D

Last...a minor point :D... is your name pronounced "Marie"? I've been saying "Mary" in my head all this time! What a coincidence if you, too, are a "Marie." For that matter, you know, so am I...it's my middle name :D

Always beautiful talking to you and being your friend! :D

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Golden Sky wrote:
..... I think there's a limit to how much love the regular person can be expected to have for people who harm them.
........... I think we can be good people, mentally healthy and bright people, and still hold some little grudges. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I think. :wink:

I tend to agree with you about the first point you made dear Trish as far as how much love the regular person can be expected to have for people who harm them. This very good point you made is one of the MANY reasons that Elvis was such an amazing human being to me!!! :wink: :D It seemed that no matter how much harm people may have caused him, he never stopped loving even at times when he should have at the very least stopped liking !! :o :roll: I mean, I don't really know many other people that could go through or put up with even a small percentage of what he did and still maintain such sincere loving feelings the way he did. Then again, we're speaking of what "regular people" would or are most likely capable of and we all know that Elvis was not just a "regular person" in the way that he treated his fellow man which is one of the MANY reasons that he was and still is so special and loved so much!!! :wink: :D :D Which leads into the 2nd point you made that I agree with too. :wink: Being a good person, mentally healthy and bright and still hold some little grudges---sounds like an okay combination to me too my sweet friend!!! :wink: :D

Thank you so very much for all of the beautiful and loving things you said about my little girl. :D :D Especially in saying that the world needs more people like her. :D :wink: Is it okay if I said I agreed with you? :oops: :P :D Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful quote from the Lost Horizon book and saying that it reminds you of Ashley. :wink: :D Reading that brought such a smile to my heart!! :D :D She reminds me so much of our dear Elvis in the way that she is so trusting and innocent with the love that she gives and shares so freely with everyone not realizing or even thinking about the possibility of her being hurt because of it. :D She truly amazes me and I am really proud to be her Mom!!! :D :D I'm so sorry everyone for going on like this about her, :oops: :oops: but she's just a wonderful little girl. :wink: :D

Thank you so much for your condolences about my husband being gone. :) It seems that we have quite a bit in common dear angel because it does get very lonely without him as I am so used to having him around too. Like you, I like my private time, but ache in my heart when he's gone. He did however get home this past Friday and we all enjoyed a nice family weekend together!! :wink: :D

Thank you so much hon for all of the sweet and loving this you said about my story in the Chapel of Love and you are very welcome for my sharing it!!! :wink: :D :love: It helped me out ENORMOUSLY knowing that I could share it with all of you my dear angels!!! :D :D (A) The soothing words, love, prayers and advice that I have received from all of you will be forever cherished in my heart!!! :D :hug: :love: :D

As for your minor point :wink: no worries as you have indeed been pronouncing my name correctly dear friend. :wink: :) It is pronounced Mary, as in the song title "Mary in the Morning." The reason that I put Marie up there next to my name was because of the reference that you had made in your previous post about me being like your friend Marie in terms of my illness that I've been dealing with. :wink: I am so sorry if I caused any confusion or took the reference about Marie and myself out of context in any way sweet angel. :oops: :oops: As always it is beautiful and wonderful talking to you and being your friend too!!! :D :D :love:

Sue my dear and sweet friend, my heart thanks you so much for the loving and kind thoughts about my little Ashley!!! :D :wink: :love: It truly lights my soul to call both of you ladies and all of my other angels here at ELC my friends!!!! :D :D :hug: :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 am 
Dear Mari-pronounced-Mary :D,

Thank you for these long, smile-filled messages! You always put a smile on my face. It's been so wonderful talking with you and learning about your extraordinary daughter. I'm so happy your husband is home! Hopefully you all had a nice reunion this weekend :D

Thanks also for your thoughts about forgiveness. It's a topic that's been on my mind a lot lately (specifically, I have a difficult relationship with my sister and have wondered what I can do to "rise above" our bad chemistry :? ). But that's a WHOLE other topic.... :lol:

I did get to read your whole story in Chapel of Love and left a note for you there. :D You seem so vibrant and healthy now, I hope it lasts and lasts!

Sue, it's always great to read your posts, too! Thanks for being here with us.

Much love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:41 am 
MaryInTheMorning wrote:
Elvis was such an amazing human being to me!!! :wink: :D It seemed that no matter how much harm people may have caused him, he never stopped loving even at times when he should have at the very least stopped liking !! :o :roll:

Mari, I forgot to thank you for all these wonderful observations you made about our friend Elvis.

I see what you see in him- I know what you mean! :D:D:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

You are very welcome for the messages and the smilies, and I'm so glad that they make you smile my dear friend. :wink: :D I am so very sorry that they wind up being so long though. :oops: :roll: I don't mean to do that, really. It's just that when I feel passionate about something that I'm talking about, or find someone that I really enjoy talking to(like you my dear friend :wink: ) I just kind of ramble on I guess. :oops: :oops: :roll: I think that if I would have ever been blessed enough to have a conversation with Elvis, it would have possibly been a very chatty one at times with both of us trying to get a word in edge-wise. :lol: :wink: :P :oops: :roll: Anyhow, before this gets too much longer :wink: you are also more than welcome for my thoughts about forgiveness sweet angel. :D It has been on my mind alot too lately due to the on-going situation with my friend that I've mentioned before. :roll: I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having with you sister and I will pray that things will get better for the two of you. Thanks also for your warm wishes about my story in Chapel of Love. :D :D I guess I'm as healthy as I can be considering the situation, and I hope that things will continue to improve for me. :) With the love and help of our Lord, beautiful friends like yourself and hopefully our dear Elvis on my side, I just try and keep a positive attitude as much as I can. :wink: :D :P Speaking of our dear friend, you are very welcome for my observations about him!! :wink: :D They're really so very easy to see aren't they?? :wink: :D :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:15 pm 
MaryInTheMorning wrote:
I think that if I would have ever been blessed enough to have a conversation with Elvis, it would have possibly been a very chatty one at times with both of us trying to get a word in edge-wise. :lol: :wink: :P :oops: :roll:

I really meant it when I thanked you for the length, Mari! :lol: For several reasons: 1) your writing is interesting to read, shows diligence and caring, and makes me smile 2) I write REEEEAAALLLLLLYYYY long messages myself sometimes! (It would be quite chatty between me and Elvis too, although when we "meet" in my dreams I'm struck quiet with reverence :D) and 3) we just seem to have a lot in common. :D So write all you like!
I'm listening!!!

And I'm so happy that you are at a healthy (ish) stage in your road to recovery. Keep up the good work! :wink: :D

Hope you and your friend can move past your troubles, too. I've been quarreling with my sister my entire life but we have our shining moments. At the very least, I wish you the same! :D

Much love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much dear Trish for saying you really do enjoy my writing and the things I post even if they get a little lengthy!! :lol: :wink: :P :D :oops: I think we have alot in common too and I always enjoy talking to you too sweet angel. :wink: :D Glad to know that you are here to listen, and please know that I will always be here to listen to you too so please feel free to write some REEEEAAALLLLL YYY long messages yourself any time you like!! :wink: :lol: :D

I too am happy that I am slowly getting to a healthy(ish) stage in my recovery and hope that it will only get better from here. :wink: :D Thank youa lso for the good wishes about me and my friend. :wink: :) Like you and your sister, we have our shining moments too and I try to concentrate on those in the hopes that those times will outshine the others that aren't quite as good. :wink: :P :D

Page 2 of 4 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next