It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Apology
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:50 pm 

Lisa Marie Presley wins apology: A newspaper has been forced to apologize to Lisa Marie Presley – who is pregnant – over claims she was pursuing a poor diet like her late father, Elvis.

Last month, Britain's Daily Mail published a photo of Presley, dressed down and without makeup, eating with friends in Los Angeles, and the accompanying article said she was "growing just like her dad."

Presley's lawyers sued for libel, and on Friday the newspaper printed an apology: "On March 4 we published a photograph of Lisa Marie Presley while she was dining with friends. We suggested she might have an unhealthy appetite similar to her late father. We now accept that the suggestion is untrue and apologize to Ms. Presley for any distress caused."

In fact, Presley, 40, felt forced to reveal her pregnancy secret two days after the article appeared. "I have had to show my cards and announce under the gun and under vicious personal attack that I am in fact pregnant," she wrote on her MySpace Celebrity blog.

"My client is deeply upset and offended by this article, especially as it was widely published just as she and her family were meant to be celebrating her happy news," her legal rep, Simon Smith, said at the time.

Presley – who has two teenagers, daughter Riley, 18, and son Benjamin, 15, with ex Danny Keough – and her husband Michael Lockwood will welcome their first child in the fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:38 am 

Papers here in the States aren't much better. They ran with the photos also.

Di

Last edited by Di on Mon May 12, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Yes they did and do.... In today's media and so called "news" info stations etc:...it seems that they all drool over anything that's negative and slandereous or can be turned into something "attention getting" and those out there looking, seem to have a tendency to be just as nasty and mean when it comes to celebrities and often times, regular people as well. I don't know why there is so much out and out meanness in this world and it doesn't matter who the one is they are being "mean" toward either. It was just starting to be that way when Elvis died, he experienced it that last two years...and it would make us so angry and frustrated because we couldn't "fight back" very well for him- the media was feasting on the crap and trash that they jumped on like it was a bag of cash- which it was turning out to be for them...maybe that's it- just greed and to heck with decency or compassion or even truth.
Lisa knows, she was right in the midst of it-and it's a shame it has to affect her and her children when really, what the heck does it matter if she gains a few pounds? She's still the same young woman inside -
Frankly, I have one wish...that is that every jerk photographer, writer and snipe slinger will gain 30 lubs, go bald and break out in pimples that can't be covered! And have to go to a photo shoot where THEY are the target of the cameras and then have the photo's enlarged and sent around the world and of course, some must be made in to posters and bill boards!
Oh, it wouldn't hurt if some of them drooled down their fronts too ...
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:20 pm 

I wanted to post this blog from Lisa on her Myspace page thats in response to the apology:

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Re: The Daily Mail
Current mood: cantankerous

Lisa Marie Presley

"On March 4, we published a photograph of Lisa Marie Presley while she was dining with friends. We suggested she might have an unhealthy appetite similar to her late father. We now accept that the suggestion is untrue and apologize to Ms Presley for any distress caused."

The Daily Mail in London jumped the gun in the middle of discussing our settlement agreements and posted this in their paper this past Friday.
It could have easily gone unnoticed, but I am sure they would never have wanted that to be the case. (insert smile of sarcasm and eye brow goes up here).
It never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to get an apology and when you finally do it is NEVER in the same context or magnitude as the original slanderous story.
Regardless, I accept their attempt at redemption.
Also, anything else that comes from this will go directly into the Presley Charitable Foundation which will go towards building the New Presley Place in New Orleans.
No, I'm not quite done yet. I get immense pleasure out of making something good come from something bad. :)
For those who have been asking recently, The duet of" In the Ghetto " was only up on ITUNES for about a month and a half last August /September and it made approximately 150 thousand dollars for the project. A great start but still only a start.
I have many ideas about fund raisers for this in the future.
In the meantime,
I miss you as much as you miss me, I miss being on the road!
I'm feeling unusually well and happy being pregnant thank you. (For those who have asked).
I am still writing the 3rd record yes. (For those who have wondered about that:)
Writing with many different people.
That's about it for now.
I hope you are well and doing alright yourselves.
I Always love hearing from you, here or wherever you comment or write to me.

~LMP

When I really think of advice Elvis gave me, I learned more from how he lived. He was a very powerful man who did not hurt people with that. - Jerry Schilling said that to me in referance to a question i posted in an online chat hosted by EPE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

Right, she certainly did! She's got a good eye and ear for truth, that is a fact! I hate watching the news and listening to the dribble going on and on and on... I'd rather watch Tom and Jerry cartoons-right up there with the Roadrunner! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for posting this for us dear Di. :) So glad that Lisa got the apology that she most definitely deserved!!!! :D :D Elvis definitely called it right "fer sure" in the way he described many of the members of the so called "press/media/reporters" one time: MARKSMEN!!! :x :roll: TXWOMAN4 my thanks to you also for posting the update on Lisa for us too. :) She definitely did make an excellent point with her song. I'm just so sorry that Lisa had to deal with something like this during what was supposed to be such a special time in her and her family's lives. :( I'm with you Wanda my sweet friend---the heck with the news!! Bring on Tom and Jerry!! :wink: :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

For all us "toonies" out there!! :wink: :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Hi, Priscilla danced the Tango the other night on DWTS's and she wore the red dress that was perfect for her- it was her best look and dance I think. Everyone was dancing who had been on when she was, so they all got to see each other again. Kristi won, and she was very delighted-she worked hard and deserved to win... After all ice skating is more a balancing act than anyting else as she said earlier...moving her feet to the beat and keeping them in time was a hard deal to learn. They all seemed to be very happy.

Lisa isn't that big really, she's short and has a compact body with not much room for babies to grow...this is going to be different as it's a combined baby deal so she will be very large for her small size. I think she will do everything in her power to assure her babies have the best chance right to the end- whatever it takes- she'll do it. I get so sick of people (reporters and paparazzi ranting about her over eating etc: when in fact she will be on a strict diet best for herself and her babies. Good grief even, shut up stupid jerks who one day will get their just deserts!
It might just be one of those kids who give it to you!

Good luck Lisa and family! PS Happiness gives her a beauty no makeup kit could ever do!
wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]