It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Dick Grob Interview Bringing Elvis home with Joe Krein
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:01 am 
Rainbow

DICK GROB ON THE DEATH OF ELVIS....AND BRINGING HIM HOME
In this interview, EER's very own Joe Krein talks with Dick Grob who served as Elvis' personal
bodyguard and Chief of Security. After Elvis' death, he remained with the estate for a time as
Director of Security, working directly for Elvis' father, Vernon Presley.

Here, Grob tells about the death of Elvis and the events surrounding the task of bringing Elvis
home to Graceland for the very last time.

PLUS! After this, we will be airing a new interview with Nancy Rooks who tells a different story
about bringing Elvis home.....who's memory is right? YOU decide!

Only on Elvis Express Radio June 6th..............Don't Miss It!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:43 pm 
Thanks Joe I well be Listening. FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:14 pm 
Rainbow

The complete interview can be found on elvis2001 if you missed it. I promise you , you will cry and be surprised. be sure to listhen to the end when lee dawson and i wrap up the interviews and i tell you something that you did not know about the burying of Elvis.
go here and click on the "BRING ELVIS HOME " banner

http://www.elvis2001.net/interviews.htm

ENJOY
jOE k
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 am 
Sun Dial

I forget the British man's name that came on this interview after Joe, but at the end of the tape this man said that Dick Grob demanded $60,000 to do the interview.

Now, why couldn't he just do the interview for free in Elvis' memory? Why is there still so much greed? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Laura wrote:
I forget the British man's name that came on this interview after Joe, but at the end of the tape this man said that Dick Grob demanded $60,000 to do the interview.

Now, why couldn't he just do the interview for free in Elvis' memory? Why is there still so much greed? :(

That's a very good question dear Laura. :? :( I have listened to both interviews, Dick's and Nancy's(thank you so much Joe for letting us know about them and for posting the links to your great site for us to listen to them :wink: :D :D ) but I missed hearing about what the british guy said that Dick demanded for the interview. :oops: :roll: I understand that people have to earn a living and all that, etc......but $60,000 for one interview????? :shock: Would somebody again please explain to me how Elvis managed to be such a tolerant and understanding human being when he was obviously surrounded by so much greed all the time???? I try to exemplify as many of his wonderful qualities as I can but this just leaves my head spinning!!! Image :? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

The people that were around Elvis, now are in their 70-80s. Maybe they are in need and if someone wishes to pay so much for an interview, I believe Elvis would be happy to be a mean for helping a friend, even when dead. :roll: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda Viola wrote:
The people that were around Elvis, now are in their 70-80s. Maybe they are in need and if someone wishes to pay so much for an interview, I believe Elvis would be happy to be a mean for helping a friend, even when dead. :roll: :P

You have made a very good point here dear Amanda. :) I apologize if my comments above might have come across as mean-spirited or not understanding what someone's situation may be in terms of needing money because that was certainly not my intention. :oops: :oops: :roll: I totally agree with what you said about how Elvis would be happy even now in being able to be a means of helping out a friend, of that I have no doubt, and if someone wishes to pay that much for an interview then that most certainly is up to them :) It just seems to me that the amount in question is somewhat high that's all. :P :roll: There were, as we unfortunately know, so many greedy people around Elvis or people that took unfair advantage of him that when I saw the amount that was mentioned it just initially seemed to me like it was happening again. :( :roll: I truly meant no harm by what I said before. :oops: :oops: Again I apologize if I mis-worded my previous post my sweet friend. :oops: :oops:

Post subject: Mari
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:40 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is very difficult for me to 'keep on an even keel' when talking about people who DEMAND money to talk about Elvis. I know that everyone has to live but if Grob would or certainly should have had a comfortable income as Elvis paid all tour costs. I have Grob's coffee table size book that retailed in 1979 for over $25.00 American. I do not know how well it sold but it is large, it has many pictures and on pages 650-651 a letter written and signed by Ginger is included about Elvis' thoughts about Grob giving interviews about him.

I have no idea what is true and what is not but here is the letter:

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for writing. Your letter was very nice.
Thank you for not believing Dick Grob's article because it was definitely very untrue.
Dick had asked me out after I became engaged to Elvis and when I refused he got quite upset. Dick was very jealous of Elvis giving others gifts and not himself.
Dick rarely saw Elvis except on tour and certainly wasn't a personal friend.
He knew nothing of mine and Elvis' relationship.
Elvis had suspected Dick of giving interviews to papers even then about our relationship and prior to his death, Elvis planned on firing Dick. I told Elvis Dick was a good bodyguard though and persuaded him not to.
I just really feel sorry for someone like Dick who has that much jealousy in his heart.
Thank you for asking me to be a part of your fan club.
My life with Elvis was very special and always will be. I miss him very much and still find it difficult to realize he is gone.
He was such a unique and deep feeling man. It is so disgusting to read the trashy articles that have been written about him and I pray no one believes them.
Jealousy is so evident in those papers and I remember a quote that Betty Davis once made: "The birds like to pick at the best of the fruit."
This saying really means so much.
God bless,
Ginger

Now we see Ginger auctioning off more Elvis "gifts." Talk then was that she loaded her car while the others were at the hospital with Elvis that sad, sad day in August of 1977, and that she took many things that did not belong to her." So the lesson here, if there is one, is that each person has her or his own agenda for what he or she says or writes about Elvis.

Mari. I have the reactions you do and I do not think you needed to apologize for a single word that you wrote! :) That is my opinion and somehow my heart believes Elvis and the One above would agree that you wrote from your heart and that the heart has the truth there because the One above gave us each a heart so that we could feel and also to know what feels right and what feels off----if we tune in to what the heart feels. :)
73smile

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:10 pm 
Site Admin

Marjorie my sweet angel thank you so much for sharing this letter that Ginger wrote with us. :wink: :D Like you said, Ginger spoke one way in this letter, but then she(again like you said according to what the talk was back then) loaded her car up with things that didn't belong to her on the day that made the world shed so many tears in August of 1977. :( I agree with you in that it surely does seem like everyone has his or her own agenda in what they may say or write about our dear Elvis. I can tell you one thing "fer sure" though and that 's that if one looks deep into their heart, they can easily see the people who write/talk about Elvis who have no agenda whatsoever---but rather nothing but love and friendship for a man and soul who valued those 2 things so very much in his all too short life. Our dear Wanda, "Cholly", J.D. Sumner, Larry Geller and Kathy Westmoreland come immediately to mind!! :wink: :D :love:

73smile wrote:
.....I remember a quote that Betty Davis once made: "The birds like to pick at the best of the fruit." This saying really means so much.

It sure does mean alot my sweet friend!! :wink: :) As far as Elvis goes, he was the best and sweetest apple in the entire orchard!!! :wink: :D :D :P

73smile wrote:
Mari. I have the reactions you do and I do not think you needed to apologize for a single word that you wrote! :) That is my opinion and somehow my heart believes Elvis and the One above would agree that you wrote from your heart and that the heart has the truth there because the One above gave us each a heart so that we could feel and also to know what feels right and what feels off----if we tune in to what the heart feels. :)

Thank you so much for what you said about me my dear friend and I say a definite AMEN to the last part of your above post!! :wink: :D

Post subject: or the entire orchard........
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Could be Elvis would be the entire orchard. :) :) No matter which apple one picked it would be part of him.
That would be fun :D on a sunny day---to go apple picking with Elvis and then share a picnic lunch and just sit and talk and talk. With him being 6' tall a ladder may not have been needed---just a basket or two. That would be so amazing---to be able to have the chance to just sit and talk and talk with Elvis. What a gift those, like Wanda, had.
I hope Elvis still feels like talking when the One above decides it is my time to go on up.
:)
I can not believe that anyone, like Ginger, the "guys" or the ex et al could sell anything that Elvis personally gave to them. I never could. Ever. Holding a gift from Elvis would allow for all of the talking and talking memories to flood back each time I would pick the item up----not a car----it would have to be much, much lighter than that!!!
always with love sweet Mari,
Marjorie

Last edited by 73smile on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next