It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What Do You Make Of This Interview With Dr. Nick?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:28 pm 
Sun Dial

I had some questions answered by reading this interview and then in some other areas I got very angry. There were some doctors that really messed poor Elvis up, badly. :evil: Dr. Nick verified just what Wanda said, that Elvis had serious disk problems along with arthritis. No wonder he was in such pain. I have been saying that Elvis' colon and the cortisone was what bloated him for quite some time now. I knew he wasn't fat. To me, reading that gave me my ahaa moment. I wonder what the MM felt when they read that? Dr. Nick verified that Elvis' colon was huge when he died. My God, poor Elvis. It makes me just want to cry when I realize how much pain he was in. Dr. Nick is coming out with his book soon. I think it will be very interesting to get his perspective. What do you think about that? Here's the link:

http://www.essentialelvis.com/Interviews_DrNick.htm

Post subject: Re: What Do You Make Of This Interview With Dr. Nick?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:56 pm 
Sun Dial

Oh yikes, did I do something wrong by posting this interview? I just noticed that nobody has responded. I would never do anything to offend anyone on purpose. Please PM me if you think I did something wrong by posting this. I would rather know if I did, so I don't make the same mistake. I just thought it was interesting to see what Dr. Nick said. I don't know that much about him, so I thought I'd share what I found.

Now I feel badly about posting this. :?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:34 pm 

Hi Laura:

Don't feel bad about posting this article. I for one like to read everything and than form my own opinion.

Di

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:48 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks, Laura, for posting the article link. I don't think anyone is offended. The forum is just very slow now with only a handful of people regularly posting. With Maia busy on other projects and Wanda's computer dying, people are less inclined to vist and post. Plus, people are busier than usual this time of year.

I was glad Dr. Nick mentioned Elvis' enlarging colon causing his stomach to bloat. Toward the end of his life Elvis had such thin arms & legs. And yet just few years previous when he put on some weight, he had a balanced thickness to him. It has seemed to me for some time now that toward the end of his life, Elvis' tummy bloat had more to do more illness than fat, and Dr. Nick's comments about Elvis' severe colon problems would seem to bear this out.

Dr. Nick was a bit confusing on the addictive issue. At one point he talks about Elvis not needing any pills for up to 2 weeks while not on tour, implying that Elvis was not an addict, and then other times he seems imply Elvis had an addictive personality. Is he coming out with a book I wonder?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:09 am 
Sun Dial

Thanks for posting back. Now I feel better. Yes, Dr. Nick does seem a bit confusing. It seems to me that if someone can go weeks without then they are not addicted, but can have an addictive personality to lots of things. At times he seems angry at Elvis when you listen to him, but at others he seems overwhelmingly friendly in his descriptions. He says he tried to get him off the medicine, but then writes these huge prescriptions for Elvis and the rest of the MM.

He is writing a book. Here's the link:

http://www.elvisdoctor.com/html/book.htm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:26 pm 
Sun Dial

It was absolutely bloat. Just think what it was like for him not having his bodily functions like most people. That poor, poor man must have been in agony. In The Death of Elvis it said that his intestines, etc. were between 5 to 6" around from his disorder. No wonder he was on medication. If only he had had the surgery they wanted to do. He may have lived a lot longer. When I think about what people said about him being fat ,etc I want to scream.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]