It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Leprosy Mission
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Please check the link below:

www.leprosymission.org.uk

There was a very interesting and informative talk yesterday up at our local church by a gentleman who is involved with The Leprosy Mission's work in Bangladesh. Leprosy was mentioned both in the Old and New Testaments of the Bible but it is not confined to those days and, sadly, is much prevalent in various areas of the world, in particular India.

Official figures quote 260,000 new cases every day

The REAL TRUTH is actually three times that amount! Seeing the pictures on his overhead projector, with the living conditions and poverty, it can be heartbreaking :cry: in one way but there are positive outcomes due to a cure made possible by an American drug company - there is much stigma and possible rejection in amongst families and relating to employment leading to people not getting to be treated early enough however and so please consider this a good cause and possible outreach for a donation if your heart is so moved?

Thank you! :) :P :love: Sue

Post subject: Re: Leprosy Mission
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes A Lot of People think that Leprosy was just in the Bible Days, but there is still People in A lot of Countries that still do have Leprosy. Thanks For Bringing this to Help in any way we can, and to Keep these Poor People in our Prayers. :love:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

You're very welcome, Rose-Lyn! At the moment it's best here to give a little something, Mom and I have their latest catalogue but there is a post strike which will cause many charities to lose a lot of donations because of not being able to send items out to customers so please also let's keep this and other charities in our prayers that the post strike in England will very soon be ended? Many thanks, dear angels! :) :P :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:53 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: AMEN!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:28 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :D :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:21 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

While the post situation is still pretty unsure, I haven't heard anything more since so maybe we're getting clearer - praise the Lord for all His Blessings poured out day by day! Blessed be His Glorious Name!! :D :) :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :D :wink: :love:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amen to that Crystal Rose! :love: :hug:

Talia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, All Praises to Jesus' Name! The postal strike is off, no more news of anything including they're not gonna be striking near Christmas! Great as I've got some gifts and cards to send to dear ELC family members for sure! Thank you, Jesus!! :D :D :) :P :bouncy: :hug: :bouncy:

Thanks for your prayers, dear ones! :D :D :hello: :hug: :love:

Page 1 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next