It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ben!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

ImageElvis's grandson signs recording deal.....and it's not with Sony!: Two months after the death of Michael Jackson, his former wife Lisa Marie Presley has reason to cheer. Mandrake can disclose that her 17-year-old son, Benjamin Presley, has been offered a $5 million [£3.3 million] deal by Universal, the world's biggest record company, to make up to five albums.

Ben tells me that his first album, which he is recording at the moment, will be very different in style from those of his grandfather Elvis, who died 15 years before Ben was born.

"The music will be nothing like Elvis, nothing like him at all," he said at the Inzpiration Awards for Women, at Cadogan Hall, in Belgravia.

The teenager, who bears a startling resemblance to his grandfather, is currently taking a break from making the album, which he hopes to release next year. "He's a typical 17 year-old," says his spokesman.

Post subject: Re: Ben!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

I wish him luck with his projects - I do hope that someday, he and Lisa will realize that it's "okay" to sing like their grandfather and daddy, if they want to and have the ability. Not everyone their age or a bit older is against doing that- they don't have to "redo" songs he laid down tracks on, but new songs are being written that are beautiful also. Elvis felt that music was the "way to reach people" calling it a "universal language" and that it could be used to "soothe the soul, the mnd and body or charge it up and create energy for whatever purpose". He also felt that unharmonic sounds could "harm the mind, spirit and body with it's discordant noises", that don't soothe or harmonize with those that are natural to human beings. I agree with that theory l00% also his thoughts on how music can influence young minds, and those minds that are open to being "taken over". It is pretty obvious by manythings that happen today, that he was correct because music is pouring into the heads of kids night and day, some of it not so good an influence. Anyway, I hope that Ben will do well and come to realize that he couldn't have a better "teacher" than his granddaddy Elvis.
wjh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes it does seem like it as become a Taboo so to speak with Lisa and now her Children to Identify with Elvis in any way, with it being in the type of Music Elvis Liked or Sang. So if Lisa and Ben don't what to do Elvis type of Music, then why use the Name Presley like Ben as or is it the Media putting Presley with Ben's name?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's a great shame and I, for one, don't understand it! :?: :?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I do not understand why Lisa or her son do not record songs that Elvis did and that so many are still buying today!!

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lisa should do more Duets with her Dad!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:

Lisa should do more Duets with her Dad!

Yes, for definite! :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]