It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: ELVIS AND THE CUPCAKE....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

I finally heard all of the song, Love Song of the Year- He probably would have redone it several times-but they put it together very well, today that's possible more than back then...though Felton Jarvis and his people could do a really good job piecing songs together- Elvis was impressed-it took quite a bit to impress him in that department. He liked to do the whole song all at once, perfect. And he could never do it to his satisfaction and call it "perfect"-he was always wanting to redor some part it seemed to me. I'd think they were as good as he could get them-but he was never happy totally. I'm glad I'm not that much of a perfectionest or that hard on myself! Anyway, I easily see why he liked it and wanted to record it. I think they have others-but they will be held back and released just now and then through the years-keeps interest going and makes money come in. I'm glad they do-Elvis would want to be heard forever... even though he said he'd be forgotten, "No body's gonna give a damn about Elvis Presley ten years after I'm gone!" Boy, was he wrong!!!
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes we can be So Happy to Say that Elvis was Wrong, and Nothing about Elvis will ever get to Old or Boring for me. I know he never thought his Music or even Himself wasn't ever Good Enough, but if he could see if can't see where he is just how he is still Reaching People. I wonder if he would be as Rough on Himself? :love:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I sincerely hope that, had Elvis truly realized his effect and influence on people and their lives with his voice, talent and personality, he wouldn't have had the need to be even half so hard on himself as he was!

Page 4 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4