It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Lonely Girl
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

The Lonely Girl

Bare foot and dirty, the girl just sat and watched the people go by. She never tried to speak, she never said a word. Many people passed, but never did one person stop. Just so happens, the next day I decided to go back to the park, curious if the little girl would still be there. Right in the very spot as she was yesterday, she sat perched on high, with the saddest look in her eyes.

Today I was to make my own move and walk over to the little girl. As we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for young children to play alone. As I began walking towards her, I could see the back of the little girl's dress indicated a deformity. I figured that was the reason the people just passed by and made no effort to help. As I got closer, the little girl slightly lowered her eyes to avoid my intent stare. I could see the shape of her back more clearly. It was grotesquely shaped in a humped over form.

I smiled to let her know it was OK, I was there to help, to talk. I sat down beside her and opened with a simple Hello. The little girl acted shocked and stammered a "hi" after a long stare into my eyes. I smiled and she shyly smiled back. We talked 'til darkness fell and the park was completely empty. Everyone was gone and we at once were alone.

I asked the girl why she was so sad. The little girl looked at me and with a sad face said, "Because I'm different."

I immediately said "that you are!" and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder, she said, "I know."

"Little girl," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and innocent."

She looked at me and smiled, slowly she stood to her feet, and said, "Really?"

"Yes, dear, you're like a little guardian angel sent to watch over all those people walking by."

She nodded her head "yes" and smiled, and with that she spread her wings and said, "I am. I'm your guardian angel," with a twinkle in her eye.

I was speechless. Surely I was seeing things. She said, "For once you thought of someone other than yourself, my job here is done."

Immediately I stood to my feet and said, "Wait, so why did no one stop to help an angel?"

She looked at me and smiled, "You're the only one who could see me, and you believed it in your heart." And She was gone.

And with that my life was changed dramatically. So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your angel is always watching over you.

Mine was.

Post subject: Re: The Lonely Girl
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:55 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Crystal Rose for sharing your amazing beautiful touching story with us!! :love: :hug: :D

Yes so very true each one of us has an angel watching over us!! :hug: :love:

Talia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes A Very Good Story, and a Story to give us some thought . Because we don't know when we might come across a Angel, in our own Lives! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN, ladies! So glad you loved this beautiful story too! :D :D :P :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:love: :hug: :hello: :D

Talia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D :) :P :hello: :hug: :love:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Bringing this back for anyone to see that has not had the chance to read as yet. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:25 am 
Phoenix

lovely story never read it before, i think if ive got an angel watching over me then she has her work cut out trying to keep me cheerfull lately, i do believe in angels and i also believe that they sometimes are angels in human form, like the article i read i think recently in a magazine i brought about spiritual matters.
if you ever find one of the few special ones, never let her or him go, i know i wont if i can help it.

my aunt sylvia was one i believe strongly as she never really judged anyone and she loved you no matter what, now god has my angel and we miss her terribley,
but i have a feeling she is still watching us lol

If you find one of them angels, its best not to hold on to too tight even tho you may feel like you want to, give them space to breathe and if they really care they will always be there for you in the end
love julie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hug: :hello: :mrgreen: :hug:

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next