It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: EXCERPT FROM "ELVIS-FACE TO FACE" soon out
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Excerpt from time spent in 1964 in Elvis' bedroom-

[I was invited to one of those "private bedroom lesson sessions" and I was most thoroughly amazed at this side of Elvis Presley. He came in, closed the door and locked it, then stepped over the girls who were gazing at him in awe, to get onto his bed where he sat cross-legged with books laid around him. He began talking about God and how He is everywhere, "just as the air we breathe and as radio waves are sent around the world, His Word is also. He (God) transmits on special frequencies" Elvis related, "one that we can tune in to if we have faith and believe." He told us that God could be felt in the mind, heart and body when one is receptive and that we are like Him in that we are made a "living spirit in His image" but we are housed in flesh. Our spirit is alive and is part of God. "God sends and we receive-we can even receive pictures as a television set if we are willing" he said. "Great visionaries" he concluded, "are like televisions, such as in our lifetime Martin Luther King who "saw" a better world in a vision from God.
He told us that God's name is not "God" and he recited several passages from the Bible, giving various names assigned to the "living god", saying that the use of the term "god" was used in reverence, as a title might be and not as the actual name of our Lord. He also said that using the word god was not "taking the name of god in vain unless we used the true name of our Lord. "A "god" he said "could be anything, money, career, or another person or even a thing", and he looked through his Bible reading various passages to back up his words. He said that "People don't praise or thank the Lord enough, they want and ask and make demands, then get angry waitin' for an answer, but we ought to acknowledge that He already knows what we need, and just thank Him for giving it to us." He added that the hardest thing for any human being to do was "to put everything into the hands of the Lord, say thank you and then have the faith of a little child and just believe that it will come to us because our Lord promised, "All this, and more shall ye have, if ye believe."
When Elvis spoke to us, he became more vibrant, his very person appearing to take on a light that seemed to come from inside, his inner being, until he gleamed as polished gold or silver gleams. His eyes began to glow with a neon light, holding our gaze when he looked our way. He gestured with graceful movements to emphasize his words, speaking softly, each word precise and clear though tinged with a slight Southern accent. I was absorbed, mesmerized by his lecture and his style of delivery.
Time passed quickly, two hours seemd like two minutes when "Revrend Elvis" asked us to pray with him, bowed his head and recited some passages from Proverbs and Psalms before saying a prayer of his own, asking for world peace, that our soliders in Vietnam would be kept safe and for love and understanding companionship among all races, and that we who were there with him would be blessed as we opened our hearts and minds to the Lord's will. When he said Amen, he stood, reached out to touch each face as if imparting his own blessing and accepted several kisses as he said good-bye. ]

There were a couple other times that I saw Elvis "glow" from within-and they all represented moments when he was focused on something he was emotionally and spiritually tuned in to.

Excerpt: [ He glowed as he sat there-a halo of light around him. I have never seen anyone but Elvis have that special glow appear around their person, though since I have read that some monks and other spiritual people have that inner light. ]

Excerpt: [ Elvis said, "Without a belief that we are loved unconditionally, that we have a supreme being, a Father who loves us as his children, then we are lost like unwanted childlren tossed aside by a careless parent. What kind of life is that when no one gives a damn really? Some times just believing you got the power on your own is a lie an' it's gonna kick your ass one day an' leave you with nothin' but dirt on the seat of your pants! Ain't no one of them gonna come dust you off an' tell you it's okay, love you any way baby-not unless you got the money to make it worth their while, that is. Naw...God's way is the highway to Heaven, He didn't promise you no free ride, you got to give yourself to his will an' do the best you can with what He's given you. That's all he asks us to do, love one another, do good unto those who harms us and say thank you Lord for the good things he has given us, freely given and all we have to do is accept Him as he is, Our Father, who loves us unconditionally. Ever' one ought to take just 5 minutes out of their day to pray, meditate on God's word and reinstate ourselves as his children and thank him for loving us. Life would look better and better, because knowing we are loved makes things beautiful. It's life it's self."]

Those who read this might be reminded of what I put into We Remeber, Elvis revised 2006 edition-although in Face to Face I have put everything I can recall, what I had notes on and things that other people who remember his words as exactly as possible after 30 + years. I feel strongly led to do this, and I am trying to bring his words to the light for others because I think he would want them to know his thoughts.
Thank you for reading through all of this rather long post. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Wanda. I needed to read especially now what Elvis had said to you in the above excerpts/quotes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:52 am 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
I feel strongly led to do this, and I am trying to bring his words to the light for others because I think he would want them to know his thoughts.
Thank you for reading through all of this rather long post. wjh

No thanks necessary dearest Wanda as this was more than wonderful to read!! :D :D We should be thanking you for taking the time to share these special and inspiring moments you shared with our precious guy with us. :P As I read through everything you posted, I could easily picture Elvis as a gentle and loving teacher so willing to share the things most sacred to him with all of you. :D :D So please allow me to thank you so much my dear angel for sharing the very beautiful and spiritual heart and soul of this extremely special man with all of us here. :D I can just imagine how wonderful it was to be able to sit and listen to him sharing the true beliefs of his precious heart and faith he had in His Lord with all of you. :D My heart dances with joy that all of you could be there together surrounded in the PURE LIGHT AND LOVE OF CHRIST. :D :D I have always said that that would have been the one thing that I really and truly would have loved to have been able to do with Elvis--sit and listen to him share his inner heart and beliefs with me. :) I can truly feel through your words my friend at what an amazing experience this must have been!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:35 am 
Site Admin

You know, when those days were happening, I saw young women who spent their entire existance trying to be where he was every second they could; some of them had meager conditions, spent every dime they saved from earnings of various jobs going after him in cars that I'd be worried would break down and probably did when he was going out on the road. I thought they were kind of silly, and a bit "out there" in many ways to do the things they did, live as they did, do without many creature comforts and even lived in their cars some times as well-slept there when going where he'd be-like movie sets, then Vegas and Tahoe and on tour as much as possible as well. They HAD to be where he was, but then I didn't understand, I guess I didn't feel what they did maybe, and he didn't give them the attention that I received hardly ever, though he did go out and talk to them once in a while, spoke coming and going in and out where ever he might be and they'd be there. And still they loved him, lived to see him and be in the same location etc:... Now, I understand very well how they felt, though I doubt I truly know; my feelings are a sense of loss because I can't be there anymore, not here on earth...and they too feel that as well as all they felt when he was here. I would leave rather than wait around, leave if I couldn't get through to talk with him (for the other people wanting his time etc:) and I didn't go very often even though he would ask. So few times I was there, and so many, many more times I didn't bother-and that's the awful word for it...sure it was a way to drive, and I'd have to leave my child with my sis-in-law who loved having her, no problem with that! But it was a long drive, and it would be dark coming home and I didn't like going on the freeway in my little car so I took other routes and sometimes it was pretty lonely and that MG didn't have solid windows-they were plastic and canvas and the top was canvas as well and you couldn't lock the doors or much else. It always ran and it could get up some speed but still, I didn't feel I had any business out there alone in the dark etc: and of course Jimmie didn't always think so either-and he wouldn't take off work. He was off driving somewhere in the truck many times and not within reach either. So I didn't go-Elvis would be working during the day and be home in the evenings-sometimes if he wasn't working, then he'd have time to spend with friends and there were always the ladies at the gates waiting for him. Some got in, most didn't but they still came and stayed until lights out in his house-if he was off work, they didn't go out much-he liked staying up at night and if he went out, they'd get to see him, speak to him maybe. Now I understand so much more about those young women and I have to say, they knew more than I did even if they were not sure what it was and yet they were willing to make the sacrafice for it anyway. I can't imagine how awful and hurt they must have been when he died- they lived for him...some of them. And he knew it and was so kind and gentle with them, never getting upset, seeing that they were looked after out there, had water, food, gasoline and though I don't know how true it is, it sounds like him-he fixed their car-had it fixed when two girls drove from some state way off just to hang at his gate in Bel Air...the car died, they were living in it on the street-he found out and had it fixed, gave them money for a motel room for about a week and then money to get home too. They both got to kiss him "alot" said a few others who saw them telling him goodbye and he "enjoyed their attention". I'll bet he did-they were happy and that was the whole point with him. Anyway, I wish I had understood and tried to be there more, guess I wasn't supposed to be there but was just there to listen to him and not "see" him. I know he wouldn't have talked as much, been as open and probably wouldn't have been as close a friend had I been "around". So it worked out the way it was supposed to, like he said, "it's a plan, we got to follow it-or pay for foolish whims thought up on our own; better to just follow the plan-" I agree-it was. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Anyway, I wish I had understood and tried to be there more, guess I wasn't supposed to be there but was just there to listen to him and not "see" him. I know he wouldn't have talked as much, been as open and probably wouldn't have been as close a friend had I been "around". So it worked out the way it was supposed to, like he said, "it's a plan, we got to follow it-or pay for foolish whims thought up on our own; better to just follow the plan-" I agree-it was. wjh

That 's my feeling also.....
In retrospection it might be bitter-sweet not having "used" more opportunuties to be with Elvis in person, but that was the plan....
Thank you so much for sharing these feelings, Wanda!!

What you wrote about Elvis preaching and manifesting outwardly his inner light, it's just awesome and I'm glad you feel guided to write and talk about your experiences!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Rainbow Light wrote:
Wonderful! Thank you SO VERY MUCH for sharing all of the above with us, Wanda! Great to read so much more about Elvis and his thoughts, words and insights as to spirituality and the Lord!

Love it and look forward to FACE TO FACE! :D :D

AMEN to everything expressed above, dear Wanda! Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:23 am 
Site Admin

I add an AMEN to everything said above as well!! :D :D

Post subject: Re: EXCERPT FROM "ELVIS-FACE TO FACE" soon out
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I thought I would bring this back up, so everyone can be Ready for The New Book!" FACE TO FACE" :D :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Many thanks for bringing this back around, dear (A) ! :) :D :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :wink: :D :bouncy: :love:

Page 1 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next