It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Knew!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:55 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: At least 1/3 of the Bible, old and New Testaments by heart, was at times called " preacher" though not in a flattering context, and was able to find things in it with ease; sometimes he changed a line here and there to give it more modern meaning. He became so involved, so excited by what he was reading that he would " lapse" into a more Southern dialect, using phrases from his " roots: and at times, gesturing and acting out the story lines. People, who didn't understand and did not realize what he was doing, sometimes misunderstood and thought he was " making fun" or " putting on" but in truth Elvis did not realize what he was doing, he was only enthralled and passionately expressing the excitement and joy he felt at the time. He expected his friends to understand; he appeared let down when they didn't... Those blue eyes filled with dismay and shyness, he would become less talkative and let others do the talking for him. :love:

Post subject: Re: Elvis Knew!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for sharing this with us! Ain't ya just gotta love that sweet, gorgeous man of ours!! :) :P :) :) :love: :love: He was passionate and enthusiastic in life and his way of expression showed and proved that so completely, what I'd have given to have listened to Elvis and know you feel the same way, Rose-Lyn! I would have loved to have seen THAT smile instead and those blue eyes sparkle with happiness to see that we want to hear what he had to say!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I indeed Sis I would have Traded Places with those that Didn't or Chose to Not Understand when Elvis Spoke of the Bible, if any of these so Called Friends Knew Elvis like they thought they did they should know that Elvis wouldn't ever Made Fun of the Bible. :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Right on, sis! They just CHOSE never to see things from Elvis' point of view and CHOSE never to understand him truly! If because of their lies during the years this didn't reflect on our man's personality, I would just be prepared to say 'well, their lack of understanding is THEIR loss, THEIR problem!' but because of how they'd dissed Elvis and done their level best to drag our man's name in the dirt all these years, I and I know that you take the insults they'd called him, very personally and as its if it's US they're calling names because we love Elvis soooo much, right sis?!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I So Agree Sis, that they are Dragging us Fans through the Mud as Much as they Did and are still Doing to Elvis. :x :love:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:31 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yep! :x Still, when you love someone as much as we do Elvis, you can't not be hurt when they call him names etc - love hurts but also is beautiful! As he himself sung "True Love Travels On A Gravel Road". :hug: :hello: :love:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :( Not Only Does it Hurt when Our Beloved is called Names, it Makes Me so Darn Mad I could Bite Nails!! :x :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]