It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Elvis novel
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:05 pm 
Tiger

Hi Maia

You may remember we met several years ago when we filmed an interview for a British film about the spiritual way Elvis is remembered by fans.

My interest in Elvis continues and recently I completed a novel, looking in a humorous and light-hearted way at what might happen if an Elvis religion came into being with some unscrupulous leaders. The Elvis fans who have read it say it's very funny and absurdly possible - and is in no way disrespectful to Elvis's memory.

It's available as an e-book (Kindle) on amazon.com or as a paperback at Amazon.co.uk.

If you get a chance to read it, I'd be interested in what you and other followers of the on-line forum think.

With all best wishes

Ted Harrison

Post subject: Re: Elvis novel
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Ted my name is Rose-Lyn, I'm so Happy top meet you. Your Novel sounds very interesting. Maia doesn't come to the Forum much any more, but I will let her know you asked if she remembered you and about her Novel. There is a Sweet Lady that is a Member and the Administrator here Named Wanda June Hill, and she knew Elvis for about 15 years. She as just posted her Latest Book, Called Face To Face about her Friendship with Elvis. So if you would like to down load her Book, to a CD there is a Link in the Announcement section of this Forum you can Down Load it from. So Thank You for Letting us Know about your Novel, and Please Keep coming Back. :love:

Ted, you can email Maia at: newearthstar@spiritmythos.org
Here's the book link- it's free.
http://elvisfacetoface.wordpress.com

Use Google to get the fastest download and if the link should take you to Wordpress instead of the download page.

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re:MAIA'S BIRTHDAY!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Maia's birthday is the 10th of this month I believe. I'm so lousy at remembering
those dates, and can't find the list I used to have "handy". But I did make a note that it is this month and I think that date!!!!
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:31 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Wanda. Last 10th was Maia's birthday. You see you have a good memory! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

I wrote it on my calendar... a stroke of last year's luck! hee-hee.
Maia had a heck of a birthday week-she had to evacuate and hope
for the best! And it all worked out-she's safe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :roll: Lord I should have said something My Self, because I sent Maia a Birthday Wish on Face Book and Yes she sure didn't have a Very Great Birthday Month. :hug:

Post subject: Letter's I have received via E-f to f
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

This lady gave permission to use her letter in part as below-10-2011

I was an Elvis fan from about 4 years of age; my parents didn't have any Elvis records or tapes but I heard him at my grannie and grampie's when I would get to spend a day with them by myself. My grannie was always cheerful, grampie was
a bit grumpie except when he spent time playing Elvis' gospel album and the Country Album he made where he covered some favorite artists. I learned the words playing on the floor with the train they had bought for Christmas and kept
set up at their home just for me. I loved it, the engine had a whistle that was more like a puppy howling, and it steamed as it ran around the figure 8 track.
Grampie would sing along with Elvis and put up with me trying to keep up...it made him happy. On my 18th birthday grannie found him dead beside her in their bed; it was one of the worst days of my life and it still hurts when I go "back there" in time. I say all of this because we lived in Memphis on the outskirts and we drove past Graceland often; once we stopped because Elvis was out riding his horse and we watched from the car for a little while. He didn't come to
the front so no one got to speak to him or get any photos. Grampie was so
tickled to get to see him having fun, he said that Elvis gave so much of himself to other people, he needed some time for himself to have fun, to just let it all go. I didn't understand then, but the day Grampie died brought what sadness meant to my young heart, I've never forgotten it.

The day I met Elvis was the greatest moment of my life as a single person; he
was coming out of the side entrance/delivery door at the store where I shopped
regularly, and he had been shopping before the store opened, he told me after
I recognized him and managed to say a few words. He put his things in the car
and stood there smiling at me, asking me questions about my life, kids and he asked if we had a good Christmas. I said we had but my husband had been laid off work for a couple of weeks as there wasn't enough work for everyone. Elvis
asked if we needed anything, did we have a mortgage, did we need help and
other things of that nature. I said we didn't and thanked him for asking. He said if we did, to tell his Uncle who worked at the gate my name and ask him
to tell Elvis I was at the gate. Shortly after that offer, he said he had to get
back as they were "going to LA in a few hours and he still needed to gather up
some things to take along. He put his arm around me, then hugged me with
both arms and whispered, "you're real pretty honey, inside and out side too". I
know I blushed because his lips gently touched my ear and then my neck as
he moved back. He got into his car and drove away- there was a man sitting
in the car passenger side but he said nothing, just minded his own business.
I had goose bumps on my arms for several hours everytime I thought of how it
felt being close to Elvis, he was very special, a unique and unusual kind of man and it radiated from in inner heart. My grannie said, "It's love child, Elvis is full
of it, he gives it to everyone he meets, loads up his recordings with it and when he's home, people driving by his place breath it in. Elvis is a special one,
put down here among us heathens to help us find our way... I asked her what way could it be and she said, "Elvis told Grampie he was hoping that by what he
did, how he acted and what he sang would help people find their way back to
God...because God is love and we all need it." She told me Grampie had met
Elvis at the back gate of Graceland where Grampie was working on the road when he did work for the city; Grampie had fallen in love with Elvis' humor, his
kindness and sense of values that day and he had been a fan from then on.
I guess Mrs. Hill, that my Grampie laid the ground work for me and then I met
Elvis too, brief though it was, meeting him and hearing about Grampie's thoughts
of his meeting with Elvis has helped me find the way...I accepted Jesus as my
Savior, and I have been trying to give that love to others just as two of the men in my life have done. I'm working on my husband, he's mellowing and he
was and is a non believer... but he's softening up and he loves hearing Grampie's
recordings play in our house.
Thank you for letting me tell you our stories; Elvis has meant the world to us
in so many ways and I will never forget him, or how it felt being close to him
in life.
Peggy Fuller

Oh yes, he smelled good, perhaps it was the heavenly perfume of love from his heart.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:22 am 
Flame

What a wonderful letter, Wanda. Thanks for sharing. I really believe, that Elvis was a very special person and when people came across with him personally, he touched people in a way that is unbelievable. Just alone with his singing he won and win over people - till today.
But the saddest is, that there are so many people outside, draging him in the mud - without knowing himself, thinking to judge him is great. I ask myself question if they think they have the right to judge him. But in my mind all the reason for this is that this kind of people want attention, feeling great if the can put they fingers on Elvis, blame and accussing him in a way, that is really
hard to understand and is not acceptable.

But as long as there are people who knew Elvis, the man behind his image as a superstar, as long his legacy will live on and the truth will be told. And that's a good thing.

I wish you and your family and all people here on the board a wonderful Christmas Season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes Thank You For This Beautiful Letter Wanda, and I So Agree with All you Said Angel Eyes. That it seems as though Elvis Never Treated Anyone Like a Stranger, he Treated People as though he Knew them all of his Life and he Never Ignored anyone. He Always had a Smile and it seemed He Needed to Touch them in some way as Much as the Other Person Wanted To Touch Him, like he wanted to Make Sure that if it was just for a Minute the Only Person he Cared About in the Whole Wide World was You. So like Angel Eyes and Myself will never Understand, how Any One Could Not See that Elvis Was A Special Person and that All He Ever Wanted or Wanted to Do is Love and Be Loved! :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:

........I had goose bumps on my arms for several hours everytime I thought of how it felt being close to Elvis, he was very special, a unique and unusual kind of man and it radiated from in inner heart. My grannie said, "It's love child, Elvis is full of it, he gives it to everyone he meets, loads up his recordings with it and when he's home, people driving by his place breath it in. Elvis is a special one,
put down here among us heathens to help us find our way... I asked her what way could it be and she said, "Elvis told Grampie he was hoping that by what he
did, how he acted and what he sang would help people find their way back to
God...because God is love and we all need it."

......Elvis has meant the world to us in so many ways and I will never forget him, or how it felt being close to him in life.
Peggy Fuller

Oh yes, he smelled good, perhaps it was the heavenly perfume of love from his heart.

It's wonderful and amazing to witness how so many people through the years have described Elvis as he was seen by their eyes, but most of all by their hearts... how much his sole presence impacted them... how his LOVE quality surpassed everything else... Oh, dear Elvis...! :love:

And it's true: Love emanates a heavenly perfume. It's said that when we are feeling the presence of a Light Being, there can be felt something like a fragance of roses. :P

THANK YOU Peggy for giving permission to make your beautiful story known and thank you Wanda, for posting it.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next