It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elvis' vocal range
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:13 pm 
Phoenix

hello wanda:
I'd would like reading all the post about of Elvis and I also enjoy reading your talks or dialogue that you had with E and are funny and emotives.
I don't post but i have been reading and I enjoy this page and I wish that it continues for ever...
good luck
Maria José

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Maria I To Hope that ELC is here Forever and that Nothing here is Lost, because of all the Times that Wanda and Elvis Talked about the Things in Elvis' Life that so Many have Told about. But even though those People have tried to Let us know how this was for Elvis at this Certain Time, it is So Much More Special and So Much More True when We Hear Elvis in His Own Words. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:38 pm 
Flame

I read and interesting fact that Elvis had three 1/2 octaves ranges.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Liliane Elvis had a Very Different and Special Singing Voice, there will never be Such a Singing Voice Again. Elvis said that his Voice came from the Lord Jesus, and that The Lord Controlled his Voice not Himself. :love:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:52 am 
Flame

Professional music experts says that Elvis' voice had a range from 2 1/2 till 3 octave.
Gregory Sanders, professor for music at the university of Columbia said:

"I suppose you'd had to call him a lyric baritone, although with exceptional high notes and unexpectedly rich low ones. But what is more important about Elvis Presley is not his vocal range, nor how high or low it eytends, but where its center of gravity is. By that measure, Elvis was all at once a tenor, a baritone and a bass, the most unusual voice I've heard."

Henry Pleasants, music historian and critic said:

"What Elvis does with his voice depends on what he is singing. He has always been able to duplicate the open, hoarse, ecstatic, screaming, shouting, wailing, reckless sound of the black rhythm & blues singers. But he has not been confined to that one type of vocal production. In ballads and country songs he belts out full-voiced high Gs an As that an opera baritone might envy. While he has not learned to sing comfortably and predictably in the "passage", he learned early how to focus his voice when he got above it. For those who have any doubt about this, I suggest that they listen to the 1960 recording of "It's now or never", where he ends on a full-voiced cadence A-G-F, that has nothing to do with the vocal devices of rhythm & blues or country. That A is hit right on the nose. It is rendered less astonishing only by the number of tracks where he land easy and accurate B flats. Elvis is, in a word, an extraordinary voice - or many voices.

Norbert Putham, Music producer:

"Elvis could do everything, from a quiet sensual moan and groan to a high-panic screm, and was willing to do it within the context of a three-minute song, with no inhibitions whatsoever. He was far and away the greatest purveyor of emotion in a song - and I have worked with two thousand singers."

Elvis himself in 1957:

"I have never thought I had a good voice. I just, well, I enjoyed what I'm doing. I put my heart, soul and body into it... I guess one of the reasons that people have liked it is because it was a little different. To be truthful, I can't handle ballads nearly as well as I can the other kind because I don't have the voice for it."

In 1960 Elvis said:

"I think it would be a bad mistake if I had someone else tellin' me what to record or how to record it, because I work strictly on instinct and impulse. I don't read music. My taste might be a little different because I choose songs with the public in mind. I try to visualize it as though I'm buying the record myself. Would I like it? I don't think anybody could choose 'em for me like I can."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Thank You Angel Eyes for Sharing what other Folks thought of Elvis' Vocal Range, he had a Very Rare Voice and I'm so Thankful that Know one tried to Mess that Voice up. I guess Elvis sang and Played Music The Best by Ear, that anyone Ever Could. :love:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:D Elvis: "I don't sing like anybody"

Simply the best!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:03 am 
Flame

your welcome, Rose-Lynn. :love:
John Lennon words: Before Elvis there was nothing. But I like to change his words into: Before Elvis was a lot, but after Elvis there is nothing.

There always were a lot of really good singers but I think there was and will be just only one Elvis. Think that he was a incredible Singer and Entertainer and a very special and extraordinary Person, full of love for all people. Sadly that so often he is missinterepreted and missunderstood and the picture what painted his "friends" of him in their book is till today circulating and all this crap believing a lot of fans. I really asking myself question why they believe so much of this B.S. what is written about Elvis. Just hear him laughing and you will know what kind of person he was. And his actions speak louder than words.
Because his deeds are better than the words of all this people who think they know him!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: You have Spoken the Words I have thought many times, Angel Eyes. It does seem that since Elvis Left this Earth, that Singers have come and Gone and none of them Have or Will Ever Have the Impact that Elvis did as a Singer. :love:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I've been trying to find the thread where some years ago was posted an article on a research made by an American University on voices that heal. Probably it's one of those lost pieces, because I can't find it.

I've tried also to find it in Internet without results, 'cause I don't remember which University was it.

What I do remember is that Elvis voice was studied because it was probed that it had a therapeutic effect in many documented cases. The explanation given was that Elvis voice reached the Golden Ratio (formulated in mathematics also as the "Divine Proportion") in his songs :!: and the researchers found that physically that vibration relaxed a muscle like a doughtnut situated around the heart and with it the response of the whole organism bettered. There were also many witness of psychological healing too and many hospital were using Elvis voice for therapeutic purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

It's really a pity I can't remember more details, :roll: but I bring it here just in case someone else remembers more of it or can bring more on this topic.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 2 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next