It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much dear Maia for putting the link up and to you also sweet Sue-Lenora for helping dear Alna out with her question. :D :D

Post subject: Re: WHY LISA MARIE AND PRISCILLA......?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I Think this Should be Brought Back Up so that People that are still Wondering Why Elvis' Daughter and EX-Wife, were Left in the Dark about Elvis' Bad Health and that Was The Reason and Only Reason Why Elvis Died. I to like Elvis have Never Like to Be Touched, I Think it is Because of My Abuse I Suffered as A Child By My Aunt and Uncle that Adopted Me. I Don't Ever Remember, Being Hugged or about Being Touched in a Loving way as Elvis had to get use to. :hug:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:52 am 
Flame

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Sorry this is coming from that "soap box" so please don't feel like I'm shouting at anyone!
I too wonder, but I do not believe that Elvis let anyone close to him as they were, and his father, know how ill he was in that last year and a half. I think they knew he had a "spastic colon" and that it blocked up and caused him .... wjh

I not believe that anyone around Elvis knew how sick he really was, you're right Wanda. Maybe they had a little clue that he was sick - but how much I doubt it. Too much people talk big after his death - knowing nothing of what was going on. And how he could take a break, knowing that nearly 300 people which was working for him were depend of him for their living. Too much of his "friends" gossip viciously about his "drug abuse", well knowing that they are popping pills and alcohol themselves like crazy. I think that Elvis let them believe that he took all this prescribtion medication " just for fun" and not mention how sick he was, whatever reason he had to do so.
I understand very well why he not said a word to Priscilla and I think not only because she left him and was his ex-wife.
I don't believe this "Cinderella-Story" she always told in interviews. Surely both loved at the beginning but later both realized that their understanding of what means a marriage were very different. In my mind both of them got married with different meanings of what it means to be a married couple.
Their relationship after divorce were in the good of Lisa Marie - my opinion.
If he wanted her really back so I ask myself question why she was with no word mention in his last will? Remember, I posted his last will in exact wording.
If a man is the love of my life, so I ask myself again question, why she had an affair with her dance instructor in 1968 and later in 1972 with Mike Stone who was married at this time too? Everybod knew it - except Elvis.
A rumor also said that she had an flirt with Sonny West and was very found of Jerry Shilling. Believing every rumor is not good, but in each rumor is a little truth.
And if you look on her words in different interview.. well, for me she is not very reliable. Here some of her statements.:

I lived a really wonderful life with this man and even after our divorce, it was incredible.
I lived somebody else's life. It was never about me, it was really about him on every level.
He would use amphetamines to stay awake because he would have late night manoeuvres that would go way into the early morning hours. and he was given pills to stay up for the long hours. ( He took or was given to him?)
It was more that his career was going down again and he was tired of the songs. He was tired of the routine. And there wa a point where he just kind of give up. He couldn't face being 40. And he resorted to st8imulants. There's a dark side there, a really dark side.
No, he had been in the hospital in and out for years. In fact, he would check into a hospital just to get away and rest. (What a B.S.)

So its no wonder that so many people believe all this crap, written in the books and what his ex-wife told in interviews, making him look like a junkie - in a very subtile way.
Just her statemnet about why Elvis were in hospital says a lot -- and this is the way I speak about "the big love of my life"?

But everbody can make up his own mind of what is to believe and what is lie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis didn't ever want to "appear ill" because he had been told people wouldn't like a sickly sex symbol etc and it would be bad for business. Therefore he had cover stories and his guys backed him up with them most of the time; it was later on
that things changed. he had more serious problems health wise, more cover stories, and he wasn't as much fun as he used to be- he didn't feel up to doing so much and working those long hours on stage too. So things got out of hand and
people reacted according to what they surmised and guessed was going on. Even
the 'women in and out of his bedroom doors' was like a staged event...for the benefit of whomever was around... they were there alright, but they were mostly
for company and to help him keep the 'demons away' when he couldn't sleep etc.
it's funny how all his girlfriends speak of reading to him and him reading to them, etc and how they played games, talked, watched movies and etc and how he
was a "home body type guy'. Where is that wild, out of control, drugged up
play boy? thanks for all the posts, it's keeping the site going!
wjh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: To me Any Body that Loved to Read like Elvis did, says a whole Lot to me about him Being a Home Body. Also Elvis was Very Shy and didn't like to be in Crowds or Around People he didn't know, so that to me says he wasn't that Play Boy he was made out to be either. :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:59 am 
Flame

In the book "Elvis by the Presley"

Page 219-220

Lisa say: "When I stayed at Graceland I could see .He was struggling. I could feel that he was very sad. He'd come to my room walking so unsteadly that sometimes he'd start to fall and I'd have to catch him. He had his own chair in my bedroom where he'd sit, watch my TV and smoke cigars".

Page 229

Ann say: "The more we stayed and spoke with him, the more worried I became about his health. He was sweet and loving but he was distrated in a way. I had never been before. Something wasn't right. When we finally left, I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach".

Priscilla say: " The last year of his life was rough. I knew that. I knew he was having all sorts of heartache. He wasn't happy. As a result, he abused his body. it was taht abuse that killed him. I don't believe there was foul play. It's simply that Elvis though he was indestructible. We though the same thing. After all, he was worshipped by a world of fans who treated him like a god. He was misunderstood by those around him, especially at the end. We underestimated his emotional pain. And he lacked the means to fully express that pain."

I saw on TV news, when you go to an doctor appointened you had a family member with you. If the doctor had to tell you bad news about your health. And a person who didn't have family support will survive or die in the next five years.

Elvis was the head of his family at a very young age. He take care of everyone, mother, father, his aunt, grand-mother. He can't quit and he had to be strong.

Elvis was very courageous and strong and to keep all his illness to myself during all these years. And he tell only a few close relative Wanda, Kathy Westmoreland, Larry Geller.

Last edited by Liliane on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's somewhat sad to be aware of the limitations we have to clearly see into somebody's heart... even when that somebody is a loved one as Elvis certainly was... :( I guess one has to get totally "empty" of oneself to transform the heart into a perfect mirror of the other as to have a clear image of him. This is a task that may take a whole life to attain. :roll:

Probably we should not ask that much of the people encircling Elvis. Each surely had quite a lot to battle inside by their own, as is common among us, the human beings... :?

Distance and the information we have received already help us to make a better approach to Elvis reality, yet we still don't have the total vision of what really meant his passing through this life. I'm sure we share the feeling that his was a SIGNIFICANT, VALUABLE, PRECIOUS and BRIGHT life. I suspect we'll have to wait to reach a higher level of conscience as souls, to fully understand why. And -why not?- to comment it with HIM! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Amanda I can't Believe that Looking at Elvis the Ones that were talking in that "Book Elvis By The Presley's , Especially his EX -Wife couldn't see he was Sick. But I guess they were Wearing Blinders to, and I have to say that Pris. is Very Wrong when she States that Elvis Abused his Body. Because a whole lot of Elvis' Health Problems, he was Born with and the Rest of his Health Problems Ran in his Family. I could say a whole lot More about what was said By Pris. and her Family but I won't. :x :love:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:15 am 
Flame

I own the 2 DVD Set "Elvis by the Presleys" - but I call it Elvis by the Beaulieus.

And if you watch it so you can see a lot of mismatch. Very interesting is the part when Priscilla talk to Lisa Marie. Just of Lisa's body lenguage you can see that she feel very unconfortable of what Priscilla is talked. As she mentioned when she was pregnant, Lisa Marie snapped: Yeah and you didn't like it... and after a second both try to laugh it over. This says a lot to me.

And when Priscilla said in the book, that Elvis abused his body - this shows that she had no idea about how sick Elvis was. She talked so much crap in different interviews. It seems that she didn't know what she told from one inteview to another. For me she is a fluffy person and not really credible.
just one more example: Over and over she told the story that she and Elvis had no more sey after LM birth - but after years she stated in an interview that they had sex. So what?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:31 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: It seems you feel like me when it come to Pris. I thought the very same thing about it should have been instead of Elvis by the Presley's But Elvis by Priscilla and the Beaulieu's, Pris. is a Very Self Centered Person and she Never Understood Elvis or Never wanted to. I don't think Pris. was Right for Elvis at all, she came along at Elvis' Lowest Point in his Life. when he Lost his Mother and he was far from Home for the very First time in a Different Country ever in his Life. I think Pris. told Elvis want he wanted to hear, but after she found out she could Mold Elvis into the Type of Man and Husband she wanted she Got Tried of the Whole Thing and really didn't Love Elvis like he Loved her. :love:

Page 3 of 4 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next