It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: IT IS TRUE ELVIS'D HAVE ANOTHER SIBLING IN 1942?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:32 pm 
Phoenix

Hello:

Im with this topic because I revised the book "elvis and Gladys" and the autor E. Dundy travelled to Tupelo and met all people from town where Elvis was born and all they told different experiences that had with Elvis and his mother Gladys. They told to Elaine Dundy when Elvis was to school, church or about his preferences, etc... but Elaine sow a nurse retired called Leona Moore. She told that in 1942 During World War II, while Vernon was away helping to build a prisoner of War camp for the WPA, Gladys was admitted to hospital. In the words of Mrs Leona Moore, now a retired nurse, who was working at the Tupelo hospital at the time, She sow to Gladys with Elvis. The nurse calle to Noha Presley to that retire to Elvis and she atend to Gladys. She said that 'The truth is she had a miscarriage'. This explains why Gladys never had another child, she had tried, and unfortunately failed but Vernon Never told about this.
I wonder if the nurse lie or this was a family secret ... i wonder WHy did Leona Moore tell a patetic situation, a sad situation... If she wished tell that sow to Elvis she would say that she attend to elvis because was ill, for example, not lie or invent with the child's death.
This is my question and for this reason I express...
Greeting and good luck

Maria Josè

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 am 
Site Admin

Hi, well, never heard anything about her having a miscarriage so can't say one way or another. if she did, it was kept very quiet and strangely so since nearly
every close relative of Elvis' has been 'looked at" with a microscopic lens it seems
when one begins to look at all the books written. Who can say now, it's just
someone telling what they think or believe could have happened, or they heard
someone tell the stories. Even I have repeated things someone told me that seemed to be legit...to find out later that it wasn't quite as I was told after all.
So I do try to be careful about repeating stories. The advantage I have and use,
is simple, I just go back and think, would he have said this, or done this??? And
that usually puts it into perspective for me... and he didn't say anything at all
about his mom having been pregnant again...but he might not have known.Elvis'
mom had a bad time being pregnant, she worked physically, and she wasn't in
the best of health most likely anyway since she was one of several kids who
lived in the southern poverty way back then. One other thought, perhaps
Vernon DID know when he commented along the line of 'something happened when Elvis was growing up that led me to understand that Elvis would be our only child' and he said he never worried or wondered about not having more children again.
Thanks for posting this piece MARIA!
wjh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:49 pm 
Phoenix

HELLO EVERYBODY:

I WANT SHARE A INFORMATION WITH ALL YOU... I HAVE BEEN READING A INFORMATION OF A SERIES OF BOOKS IN GOOGLE THAT TELL THE FOLLOWING:

Heartbreak hotel: the life and music of Elvis Presley‎ - Página 57
Robert Matthew-Walker - 1995 - 251 páginas
In September 1961, Dee Presley became pregnant; she and Vernon told Elvis that
he would shortly have a half-brother or sister. ... However, shortly afterwards
Dee suffered a miscarriage and never conceived again.

The printed Elvis: the complete guide to books about the king‎ - Página 6
Steven Opdyke - 1999 - 320 páginas
Presley, Dee, Billy, Rick, and David Stanley, as told to Martin Torgoff. ... An
interesting fact was that Elvis might have had another half brother but Dee had
a miscarriage with Vernon's baby. When Elvis died, she was convinced his ...

Elvis: his life from A to Z‎ - Página 186
Fred L. Worth, Steve D. Tamerius - 1992 - 618 páginas
After having lived with Dee and her boys at Graceland, and then in their own
home on Dolan Drive for seventeen years, where she had one miscarriage with
Vernon's baby, Vernon Presley ...

Elvis: the Hollywood years

books.google.com.ar
David Bret - 2001 - 336 páginas - Vista de fragmentos
Vernon Presley would not live at Graceland again during Elvis's lifetime, and Elvis is said to have been secretly relieved when Dee suffered a miscarriage, the thought of having to acknowledge a sibling not brought into the world by his mother had allegedly filled him with disgust. According to Dee, he had not been the only one appalled by the announcement of her pregnancy...

THEESE ARE ALL OF SOURCES...ALL THEY SAY THAT DEE PRESLEY HAS BECOME PREGNANT OF VERNON PRESLEY IN SEPTEMBER IN 1961. IN THEORY, ELVIS WOULD HAVE A SIBLING. ACCORDING TO THEESE SOURCES, DEE MISCARRIAGE THE BABY IN FEW MOUTHS...
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE OR LIE, BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MANY BOOKS TALK ABOUT THIS...
I TRY OF KNOW THE TRUE ABOUT ELVIS... IF ELVIS WOULD KNOW HE WOULD BE SAD THAT THEY LIE IF THIS BROTHER DIDN'T EXIST...
GREETING

MARIA JOSE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

I have heard this before, but I have no information other than Elvis liked her boys, and he was after a few years, thoroughly delighted to know "that woman" is out my daddy's life!" He paid her to leave his father alone apparently. He never said anything to me about her being pregnant or losing a baby...but then I did not
know him in l961...it would not have been something we discussed. All I know
is that Elvis didn't like her "changing my momma's house" and so got them a place close to Graceland so his daddy didn't have far to go to work, and that he did not want "that woman comin' over here when I'm gone"... He meant Graceland...
and I didn't question him about any of it, nor did I encourage him to talk about it.
He seemed to not like thinking about it much less discussing it. Me either, when he had that sound to his voice-
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 am 
Phoenix

Hello:

Thank you to you, Wanda because you always read my information...well...
I was afraid to share this information, because I didn't know if this story was true. I just noticed that there were several books that talked of this and I decided to share what I found about Elvis and the family of his father ... If it was a lie, I do not know who was the author who created it, but should be someone who did not like Elvis.
I also know that the brothers Stanley put on their facebook good memories about his brother elvis and miss him still and to elvis was difficult accept a new woman for his father and that he tried of doing that his father happy.
I hope l not bother with this information, I just wanted to share events and if somebody knew better about it that could talk, I wanted to know the truth. I feel if it was not good information.
I wish peace for everybody

Maria josé

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2