It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lisa Marie Presley: My heart went out
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:45 pm 
Flame

Sep 24, 2012, 12:01 GMT

Lisa Marie Presley : My heart went out to the pincess after Diana death

Lisa Marie Presley could relate to Britain's Princes William and Harry when their mother died

The singer/songwriter was only nine when her father, the legendary Elvis, passed away and when Princess Diana was killed in a car crash in 1997, her heart went out to the royal's sons because she knew what they were going through.

She said: 'I certainly didn't deal with dad's death when it happened. The real grief came much later. I remember watching Lady Diana's funeral and William and Harry walking behind her coffin. I was lying on the floor and I just cried and cried. Watching her sons deal with grief in such a public way felt very similar to what I'd gone through.'

Lisa Marie, 44, says she found her dad's death in 1977 very confusing because of the media attention surrounding it.

Lisa Marie - whose mother is Elvis' ex-wife Priscilla - told The Sunday Times Magazine: 'I was nine years old and at Graceland when it happened and initially I found it very confusing. I had my own grief, but I was also watching this worldwide grief. People were being taken to hospital because they were so upset. It was surreal. Mom was worried about me so she took me to Europe for a month, away from all the press and all the stories.

Source: Monstersandcritic.com

Post subject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley: My heart went out
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:55 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I can't even Imagine want Lisa Felt when here her and her Daddy, I know did Some Great Things together the Day Before that Tragic Day and to hear from her Bed Room Something was Awfully Wrong with her DAD. Because Lisa said her Bed Room was right beside Elvis' Bath Room, and then all of want she was seeing on TV was just To Much for a Little 9 year old Child to Handle. So I can see how Watching Princess Diana's Funeral and her Son's , Brought August 16th and 17th Rushing Back! :( :love:

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]