It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rolex Pays Homage to Elvis
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:10 pm 
Flame

Rolex Pays Homage to Elvis: For the past 100 years, men and women who do extraordinary things, have relied on Rolex as their timepiece of choice. Rolex has always been a symbol of achievement and who better to honor than the King of Rock 'n' Roll! Elvis fans can now watch a new video posted by Rolex which looks at the history of Elvis' Rolex King Midas.

Elvis wore the Limited-Edition Rolex King Midas which can be seen in several iconic photos and videos. The rare watch was given to Elvis as a token of appreciation for playing six days of sold-out concerts in 1970 at the Houston Astrodome Livestock Show & Rodeo. The back is in engraved and reads: "To Elvis Presley From The Houston Livestock Show Officers 1970."
Go HERE to see the Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GOeraLs1A#!

(News, Source;EPE/ElvisInfoNet)

Post subject: Re: Rolex Pays Homage to Elvis
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:03 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: Liliane Thank You for Sharing this, I had seen Picture's of the Interview Elvis did in Houston but I never knew he had gotten a Rolex Watch. :love:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Post subject: Re: Rolex Pays Homage to Elvis
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

He was pretty proud of it, and wore it a lot. And he bought others for his guys
and their wives too, I think at least a few of them. I heard that, he did not tell
me other than he had some made for the long time guys working for him. They had their names on them I think, but his all had his name on the watch or the face...he liked having his name on his jewelry apparently, there for a while anyway. I saw on the Pawn Shop tv show where the woman who was a young girl when she met Elvis, was there with a letter from Joe E. confirming the necklace was for real, and it was solid gold rope braid with a tassel at the center.
She was trying to sell it because she wanted the money after keeping it all those years. Elvis gave it to her and said "This is for a rainy day!" So she kept it until she needed to get some money. Anyway, they would not offer her much, saying that Elvis stuff wasn't that easy to sell etc and they offered her so little it was like an insult. I was glad she turned them down and walked out their door. It was worth around $40,000 or so in gold alone! It was a gift from somewhere he had worked I think, but don't know positively, and he gave it away to someone he thought could use it on down the road of life...
Love always,
wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]