It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: It Sure Is Quiet!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:56 pm 
Sun Dial

Where is Every One, I haven't seen anyone post in days. I hope Every One is Alright? :hug:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

Post subject: Re: It Sure Is Quiet!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Barb, I'm here! Not often but dropping in again and again! :hello: :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi, Barb! :hello:

It has been more than 7 years since I first connected with this Forum. I feel like I emptied myself of all the feelings and thoughts related to the lifetime of that BEAUTIFUL soul expressing itself as Elvis Aaron Presley. There have been more than 4.500 comments I've posted :!: . Now and then there appears some comment posted here by some friend that invites me to comment back, but most of them have a great historic value, but being objective as they are, a have nothing to add, although I highly appreciate the effort.

El'vis Aaron, that same soul expressing itself in the higher dimension of Numis'OM, made himself closer to many of us, personally and through Maia's channellings. Here started another phase in the ELC Forum, but at the same time I believe that any experience anyone might have with him becomes very subjective and might generate confusion... and who needs more confusion right now? I think we have to be cautious as not to add to the generation of any kind of cult, because this is another sphere of things and there are many unbalanced needs between us, the humans, in this changing stage in Life. The spiritual is a very personal field that deserves to be treated with exquisite care. Maia was a great guideline to keep that kind of approach, but she is working in other fronts right now.

I appreciate your effort to keep the things going, Barb. I really do.

Be well, strong and bright, my friend. Lots of LOVE to all. *

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:14 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: :D Sarena and :hello: :D Amanda! Its Great to see you all, I know what your saying is True if Groups or Forums like ELC aren't Careful Amanda. But There is still a whole lot of Great Things Happening and being Discovered about Elvis, and lets not forget his daughter and his Grand Kids. So even though ELC is suppose to be about Elvis' Spiritual Beliefs, I think it is also a place for want is still going on in the Elvis World like the Happy Things that is going on. :hug:

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:55 pm 
Flame

Elvis was a very complex personality and a side of his character was his great religiosity and spirituality. But this is just one of the many facets that make up Elvis as person and artist. Much is already known about it and also is/was written of here on board.
And so I thought that it would be a good thing to show these other sides of Elvis too. I wanted to point out all the other facets of his personality, which ultimately shaped his character or made ​​him the man he was - what I tried with my "special reports".

But it seems to me, there is not so much interest of this side of Elvis. Therefore, I wonder whether it is still worthwhile to invest so much of my time and work into my postings, if all those users are not interesting to know more about Elvis or like to discover new, unknown facts .

In my opinion, Elvis - as a human and person - was so much more and it is not fair to reduce him only to his religious and spiritual side. He was unique, both as a singer and entertainer but also as a person and the human he was.

Barb, I have to think about whether I continue to post my reports or not.
At the moment I am again busy with research, so I'll probably take a break.
But I will come back.
So take care and I hope your hand is much better now.
:love: :hello:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:12 pm 
Sun Dial

:( Angel Eyes, please don't ever stop your Great Articles you have been posting. ELC isn't just to discover the Spiritual Side of Elvis, its like you said its to be about everything that Made Elvis the Person and the Singer, an Actor he was. I really have Enjoyed your Articles and the Super Picture's you have posted, I know I learned some things about Elvis I never knew about. So I hope you well be Back with Us Very Soon! :love:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi there,

Angeleyes, I agree with you that there is far more to Elvis than just his spiritual side, which was the least known in the "world of fans". And that has kind of been my biggest topic of late, however I felt he would want his fans to know how his heart and spirit was kept uplifted and able to keep going because of his faith in the power of prayer to strengthen the spirit and in turn the body.

I would love to have more about his career, his talents and the way he combined music with acting but I don't know a lot about those things. I was not a big movie fan...I went to see him, and then knew some things behind the scenes and so it was interesting to find them on film.

He had the wonderful voice, vocal abilities and he was "untrained" for the most part though he had some folks helping with that along the way...it was not done
in a "professional kind of way" but I don't know much about any of it.

Elvis had many "layers" of his personality, talents and ability to reach folks of
all ages and around the world. It was his music that touched most, but then there was his looks, his personality and charm and , and, and...
I hope there is someone out there who can come up with more stuff to reveal
the man behind the image and also to shine up the image. That was a BIG
part of his mystique. He knew it, so he had to "look good".
I hope you will continue to post, and if you think or find a place on another site
to post the same things, go ahead...the more times things are put up for other
people to find who might not have a clue he was more than a "pretty face" etc
the better. But please don't stop posting here; we look forward to your posts and everyone else's too. We DO have a lot of "silent" readers from around the world. that is a fact. It is up to you what you wish to do, but I will miss you very much and so will those who do read and don't post or join...and there are a lot of them trying to become
members...I just can't seem to get onto that part of the site anymore...for some reason.
Maybe i'm just stupid...but I was able to do that until Google took over...soooo.
I don't know. It is automatic...after 3 tries they can join if they wish, but who
would try 3 times? Questionable in these days of rush, rush, etc
Love always,
wanda june

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear friends!

Mmmm... :? I'm not sure I expressed myself clearly when trying to tell why I'm not posting as frequently as I did before. What could be seen as a reaction to my words may be a signal of it. If so, I'm so sorry. I was not absolutely invalidating the great effort of other participants of this Forum to bring in interesting data and comments on Elvis life. Let me say how highly I appreciate it! Each one has an unique way to add to the totality and when one is truthful to his/herself, with his/her deeds, we all gain.

I keep coming to the Forum -not daily as I did before, 'cause my physical energy has decreased and I'm attending other fields also. (Besides, I'm not receiving notifications on the new posts as I did and I can't fix it, yet it is not the main reason). So my participation is more passive, but still interested. I'm old and it's oh so good to let room for the younger...! :)

:hug:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:53 am 
Site Admin

Hi Amanda and everyone!

I know! I haven't been posting much either; I feel bad about the long times between posts (from so many who used to be on here) and there isn't much we
can do- It is Facebook and Twitter's fault...ha... not really. It does make it easy to "meet" and "talk" with so many people from all over the world and that is a very strong pull; people enjoy other folks thoughts and knowing about how they live and what's going on in their life and world... On a website dedicated to one
person, well, that limits the conversation to those subjects a great deal
and so, an open dialogue with a lot of different people all over the world would be a big door to walk through. Lots of folks are lonely and need others but can't "get out" to meet them...Facebook and Twitter has added a huge doorway
and everyone can cross through...and discuss many things without "stepping on toes" or "causing a riot" so to speak...those are general descriptions but I think
everyone will see what I am trying to say. Our site is "owned and geared" for Elvis and those who love him or want to know more or just curious... big difference in it and Facebook etc.... and there should be that difference. We put up topics and etc on ELC for HIM... and his FANS or would be fans...and so it
is NOT like Facebook etc, nor is it a RELIGIOUS site, though Elvis was a very, very spiritual person who prayed to his Lord every day, according to his own words. And that is a big part of who he was... and then there is the other part that was also who he was -ELVIS.
It is perfectly alright to post on ELC personal things, family things because when one needs help and has problems in some way, we seek to find comfort and
understanding from our peers, ELC has a lot of readers, more than one would
ever realize because they do not join and they do not post...but they come and read...daily. And that is what ELC is about...sharing the knowledge and stories
of Elvis' memories... I will never, never be sorry for this site. Anyone can come here and learn and find that Elvis was more than the image, more than the cad some have called him, and a heck of a lot more than the journalists ever thought... and hopefully, those who learn will set their friends straight for his
sake. And, also very hopefully, knowing that Elvis was spiritual, believed in Jesus Christ and prayer was often his comforting source, they will find that faith can help them too. Elvis would want to share his faith with everyone, just as he did that very thing through his love of gospel songs, and dared to perform them in Las Vegas! That is why there is "religion" on ELC...because to know Elvis, one had to know his thoughts, beliefs and he tried to share his faith with everyone he met. As he said, "sooner or later, everyone has moments when they are down low... prayer is a way to get the strength to stand up an' get goin' again."
To all who read thank you very much for visiting ELC. For all who post wonderful stories and information, God Bless you for your hard work and dedication....and thank you so much for all you do. For those who come and
are shocked, great! Everyone needs a good "shake up" now and then.
Love to all,
wanda june

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:10 pm 
Flame

My dear Barb, don't worry. I will not leave ELC but just take a break for doing more research for one of my reports.

You or Wanda are the reason that I continue with my work. Although I have my doubts whether it is worth all the effort, it is perhaps the fact that I am disappointed by so many Elvis fan boards and their users and the way, how Elvis is judged there - and how badly people are treated when they try to defend Elvis. :(

All that I want to achieve with my work is that people get a picture of Elvis, which corresponds to the reality and not to a myth that has developed in the years after his death. My aim is to reach as many people as possible so that one day Elvis' life and work will be seen in a different way than it is now and that he get the reputation he deserves. Because he can no longer defend himself against all the lies, so this must do his real friends - as Wanda - and defend him by telling the truth or expose the lies based on demonstrable facts - someone like me.That's my goal - all what I want.

Wanda, I promised you to write here on ELC, and I will do - even it is sometimes frustrating because of the lack of feedback. But that's how it is.
At moment I'm working on a update of one of my reports and of course I will post again.
So don't worry - I'm not "lost". Just need time for research and preparing new reports.

And don't forget: Christmas season is near and I must also bake lots of Christmas squares and decorating the home. :bouncy:

Have a beautiful season everybody here on ELC. :hello:

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next