It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 4 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Avatar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

That is on the cover of the book-and is the one Maia designed for it. The cover is brighter, bigger and shows up beautifully-as the avatar it doesn't show how beautiful it really is- The dove is barely visable and Elvis looks like he's got a dark storm brewing around his head-Maia's cover isn't dark-it is beautiful and spiritually lit up!
I can't wait for you guys to see it and we are down to the wire with the manuscript-it's going well and I'm almost done checking and fixing-will be on it's way by Friday. They want it out before 8-16-06 of course.
I just want it out! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

this is really something to get excited for..can't wait.. :P :D

Post subject: To see him and hear his voice..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

I just watched On Tour after no seeing it for quite some time and boy, so enjoyed it again. Forgot all the different things he did when singing-every part of him got involved-the little quirky expressions, and that helmet hair do-course all the guys wore the same one-if he wore it you can bet they got it going as quick as they could! It always makes me laugh in the first one on Vegas when he started wearing the big framed glasses-all the backup singers lined up there at rehearsal wearing their big framed glasses as near like his as possible-and the same hair do, shoes, shirts as much as they could find etc;...so funny! Of course he's the boy who wore pink and black in his highschool days-and almost got kicked out of school for his "different style clothing" and of course his "long" hair and sideburns.
In On Tour he was a good weight, look great and as my daughter says, he looked like a handsome man, not a super skinny model as he did a few years earlier...she always laughs when she sees the pictures of him in shorts with those skinny white legs and knobby knees.
He was pretty skinny in that first tv special...all his bones were showing. But he was happy and it showed-he glowed even more.
What frosts me when I see On Tour is seeing how good he looked and then hearing after his death that he was FAT in that time period! Obviously those saying it had not bothered to look-they just made judgements based on themselves no doubt. Usually the ugliest guys were the ones knocking him the most... and still are.
Well, that's it for me-back to the "salt mine".
I was reading some older posts and boy, do I need to check my spelling before posting! I think faster than I can type I guess...but no excuse for not checking it over. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
It always makes me laugh in the first one on Vegas when he started wearing the big framed glasses-all the backup singers lined up there at rehearsal wearing their big framed glasses as near like his as possible-and the same hair do, shoes, shirts as much as they could find etc;...so funny!

Was this because Elvis expected them to follow his lead in fashion or were they in such of awe of him that they wanted to copy him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I do know that Priscilla wrote in her memoir that the guys their wives always copied her style of clothing at that moment.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Re: JUST TO HEAR HIS VOICE
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:25 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lighthouseseeker wrote:
..speaking SO SOFTLY..hope the link works for you..scroll down to the end of the page and click to "SOFTLY AS I LEAVE YOU"..HIS SOLO THIS TIME..
http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/open72/open72.htm

About this song:
Quote:
I understand that 'Softly As I Leave You' came from one of those sessions.

We were in the dressing room, downstairs at the Hilton. Elvis was talking about the fact that… I think it was John Leary who told him the story, the story which is told in the song. Well, I knew this song, so I sat down at the piano and started playing it and singing it, showing him how the song went, in case he wanted to sing the song himself. He started saying the words very quietly, while I was singing. Elvis' father said: "Elvis, that is beautiful. Why don't you do it?". That's all he needed. He sent somebody to find Glen D., and that next show we did it for the first time. The first night they didn't have a spotlight on me, I was in the darkness singing. The next night he put a spotlight on me also, and it became a duet.

Shaun Nielsen, "The greatest tenor in Gospel music." Elvis.

I just found it.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Amanda, for sharing this!

I couldn`t join for some days because my computer didn`t work.

Christine

:D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's nice to have you back, Christine! :D

We are so depending on machines... but at the same time, computer is such a great tool, that it merits the effort. :roll:

I'm just learning how to use it. I fight with it every day, trying to get somehing done. My imagination goes miles ahead my skills and I get frustrated so many times. But, it's hard to think being without my computer right now.

I hope yours is now fixed and good.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:33 pm 
HI CHIRTTINE GLAD TO SEE YOU! AND I LOVE HOW HE DOES THAT SONG BUT LORD IT IS SO VERY HARD TO LISTEN, I GET SO EMOTIONAL! :cry: BARB!

Post subject: Following the leader trend...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, getting to that question about being in "awe" and wanting to follow his lead in clothing. I think it was that they admired him, he was cool and everyone made over him so, and like most guys they'd like that too. So it was funny to see, a bunch of clones running around, the hair, the glasses as much as they find and afford, the clothing, the side burns, the lamb chop side burns, the helmet hair, the shaggy look..whatever! His style boots, everything, shirts as near like his as they could get-etc:.
It was funny in many ways. I said something to him about it when TTWII came out-he immediately went: "SSHHHHHhhhhh" then said very matter of factly and in that soft sweet southern tinged tone he could get, "the highest form of flattery, is copying someone whom you like or wish were yourself in some way. I don't mind....long as they don't get too much like me...
besides, (he added in such a sweet voice) told 'em they had to look good, because we were going to influence so many people coming from everywhere to see us and by our example we would be judged. Besides, they look real cool, don'cha think?" I remember that so clearly because I almost felt like I had been " genlty chastised for kind of laughing at them" which I was really. wjh

Page 4 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next