It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 5 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:05 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for sharing that story Wanda June!! :) :)
Elvis looked so very Gorgeous and so very Handsome in everything and in every color he wore!!! :D :D

Fran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:42 pm 
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUG THE OTHER GUYS DRESSING AND SUCH LIKE ELVIS IN TTWIIS, I ESPECIALLY NOTICED IN THE REHEARESALS. YOU KNOW WANDA I'M SURPRISED THAT ONE OF THE SWEETS NEVER GOT AN IDEA TO DRESS UP LIKE ELVIS ONE TIME, I BET HE WOULD HAVE REALLY GOT KICK OUT OF IT. I HAVE TO ASK, WHEN ELVIS TALKED TO YOU IN THAT SOFT SWEET SOUTHERN VOICE OF HIS. WAS IT IN PERSON? BECAUSE IF IT WAS LORD WHAT KEPT YOU FROM DROOLING ALL OVER YOURSELF? :lol: :lol: BARB!

Post subject: in person
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:58 am 
Site Admin

Well Barb, I just carried a big bib-not really...he gave me goosebumps a couple of times leaning over and talking right into my ear...during the first meeting I had at the studio and I wasn't even a fan then...but...he was darn good looking and he had that chrisma that wouldn't quit but he didn't seem to realize it. we were sitting side by side, he in a folding canvas chair with his name on the back and me in another with no name on it. It was hard to sit so close, and not stare at him, but I did manage it and he got up and did some other things, scenes, rehearsal of them, away from me but I could see most of it going on-couldn't hear but saw. And he came back, sat down and was looking a the next scenes in the script book and I was watching them doing shooting with just the girls minus him, their close ups and so forth and then Elvis suddenly was practically laying on my chair and me and spoke softly into my hair and my ear about it being time for lunch and would I have lunch with him and said he usually had it in his dressing room as it was cooler and quiet there. I had goosebumps as big as turkey eggs no doubt! But he didn't seem to notice. I was doing good to keep my right knee from jumping up and down-I was nervous to say the least! And even sometimes on the phone, I would get chills from his voice...not that it was any thing "sexual" It wasn't...it was just the way he said things and the tone of voice-it was like magical or something. I'm not the only one who said that either-even Grandma Suzy said he had such a wonderful voice, talking and singing and she said at one of the women's club meetings we spoke at when on the book tour, that he had the bedroom voice to go with his bedroom eyes. That got a lot of smiles and agreement from those various aged ladies to say the least! I have to say I did love to hear him talking...it was distracting to be in his presence because looking got in the way, but on the phone, listening was great! Especially when he was reading something and trying to put feeling into it or as the author meant the words to be. And other times when he would giggle and laugh so much. I liked him to be about ready to go to sleep, having had some sleeping aids and more relaxed and loose lipped...he would get tickled and couldn't keep from giggling that squeaky giggle and then laughing at himself. I miss that. I wish I had kept copies of all the tapes that I sent to him...but I didn't and I guess there is a good reason for that too-when we were at some of the same places some of the group (guys) Grobe, Joe, Richard and Col. Parker once, at conventions etc:...after Elvis left. Our rooms were searched, things dumped out-looking for tapes I think. I never took any with me except one cassette with me when we went to publishers before the book was ever done-but I think they thought I'd have something like that with me...It only happened when they were in the same area as us...and the door was not broken into-so I think it was maybe the ex-police officer with some "pull" at the hotels/motels we were all in???? It may not have been them at all, but it sure felt like it at the time.
Whatever I am careful now. And somebody must have all those I sent to Elvis-I just know he didn't destroy them or throw them away...some one has them or they are packed up somewhere with some of his things-one day they may show up when they change out things at Graceland exhibts??? oh well, not for me to know I guess. At least I didn't "drool" but I could see that he could easily cause drooling.... and I doubt there was a 'cure' for it either....wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:39 am 
WANDA I WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE SOMEONE PINCH ME, IF I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE AROUND ELVIS. YOU KNOW SOMETIMES, I GUESS IT IS BECAUSE I LOVE HIM SO MUCH, :cry: AND I WISH I COULD GO BACK IN TIME. JUST SO I COULD HAVE SEEN HIM ONE TIME, I SOMETIMES LOOK AT HIM AND THINK HE WAS A REAL PERSON. BECAUSE THERE WELL NEVER BE ANOTHER ONE LIKE HIM EVER AGAIN, AND I JUST START CRYING AND CAN'T STOP SOMETIMES. :cry: I WELL TALK TO HIS PICTURES SOMETIMES, AND SAY ELVIS EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE PHYSICALLY GONE, I KNOW YOUR SPIRIT IS STILL AROUND. COULD I PLEASE FEEL YOU AROUND ME IN SOMEWAY, BUT STILL NOTHING HAPPENS. I KNOW WANDA IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES AND IF I HAD KNOWN ELVIS LIKE YOU DID, I WOULD HAVE TRIED AN KEPT EVERYTHING I HAD HIS VOICE ON. BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

You really transmit so well the situations you lived with Elvis that I feel already there, under your skin. I smile, laugh, cry and get goose bumps too.

You are all an Elvis' fan could ask for: you help us so much in getting closer to the human being Elvis was in this reality. And you do that with heart, love and a lot of sympathy!

Again and again, THANK YOU, WANDA.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well, Amanda, I just wanted to write to Wanda the very same reply, really, really strange!
Thank you Wanda.
I can also feel your delight in reliving these precious moments!

Christine

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject: remembering
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

I do enjoy sharing him and remembering things that happened when he was here...and I was so-so lucky and treasure the opportunity to have been in his presence and to have talked with him. I know that if I had been around him, I would never have had the chance to really get to know him,...he wouldn't have been freely speaking his thoughts...he couldn't trust that his words would not come back at him and probably changed as he put it though he never said anything too drastic about anyone "leaking" as he called it...though he knew things got out and he'd be angry and even enraged that what he might have done or who he saw would instantly be in the headlines of gossip mags. He hated it and tried his best to keep his private life just that. He had his own little "click" group to help him do that but some body inside was the fink...and he knew it. He also knew he couldn't do or say things at home in the open as Col. Tom would know and he hated that too. Like his books and religious interests...they were so afraid he was going to quit being an entertainer- he hated those movies so badly he did consider quiting-so it had to be his books etc: and the people he met through them, why would he not be happy, he had money, fame and he was a movie star-what else could he possibly want!??? He wanted to make a difference, he had to make a difference...it was his purpose for being...but they didn't understand and maybe he didn't either at that time-he was just struggling to figure it all out. And he did. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:52 pm 
YES I DO BELEIVE THAT ELVIS DOES FINALLY KNOW WHY, WHY HE WAS CHOICEN FOR THE JOB OF BEING ELVIS PRESLEY. I THINK THAT WAS THE FIRST QUESTION HE ASKED THE LORD, JUST LIKE HIS MOM I THINK SHE UNDERSTANDS NOW WHY HER SON WAS CHOICEN TO BE WHO HE WAS. SOMETIMES I QUESTION WHY I'M HERE TO, AND MAYBE BEFORE I DIE I WILL KNOW WHY. BUT I MIGHT NOT KNOW EITHER UNTIL I ASK THE LORD. BARB!

Post subject: Now that is my favorite picture-fer sure!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:44 am 
Site Admin

I like it because he has attitude-he's just Elvis and he's damned tired of that guy flashing that camera in his face!
Those eyes and the lips pressed together say it all and the little sneer sneaking up too. He looked quite a bit like this in 11/76 when he came to say goodbye. His hair was longer, nearly to his nose and he needed a haircut he said-was getting one before starting Vegas for 2 weeks. He was tired, dark circles on his cheek bones but he'd done nearly 100 shows and was just coming off of a long one...with a couple days off and right in to VEgas. And he hadn't slept in over 24 hours...so he was jumpy and jittery and tired. But he talked alot, finished the personal questions for the interview and asnwered things I didn't think he would. He was very sweet, honest and wanted to express his thoughts and he did.
I am so anxious for you all to read that section-I think it is the best part because he's telling it and I'm just asking the questions as a moderator. It was really difficult to tell him goodbye, and it was for him too...we both cried like children and I think he wanted to tell me he didn't have long to live, but he couldn't, he didn't want to hurt me or worry me more...so he turned away, lit up a cigar and stood with his back giving us both time to get under control -I cried all the way home and couldn't even talk about it for nearly 25 years-I always cried and couldn't stop if I tried so I didn't, I just put it aside and there it stayed until last year-when Elvis came and said I had to do it now...he came with that key again...didn't speak but I heard him say I had to do it now and he put the key in my hand. So, I thought about it and low and behold a friend I hadn't talked to in years showed up, had her book pulbished on through Booksurge and was doing well-it was a party cook book. So she said, call them -they'll want to do an Elvis book-they do lots of them and they sell...so do it. I did and darned if they didn't offer me a real deal-because it was an Elvis book! So here it comes...it's half ready to come to me and then I'll hurry it back to them and it will become a book fast...but will come out after the big buz over the others and will get more attention from the press because it's got Elvis telling his story in it-they don't have that! Well, that's it for me. I LOVE this PICTURE...I have it as a screen saver and get to telll him hello and goodbye every time I use it. Sometimes he looks friendly, other times he looks tough...it's one of those kinds of pictures.
Always loved his face-he didn't have to do anything or say anything as long as I could look at his face-oh yeah, I'm crazy too. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I think that all of us here are anxious too to be able to read your book.

It'll be great news the day it comes out. Soon, many, many people will be reading the same thing about Elvis, at the same time and I feel that IT'LL BE SOMETHING! It'll generate a simultaneous conscience of the real Elvis and a blast of possitive energy and Love.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 5 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next