It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Dear Zey, that's exactly what I feel:

Quote:
maybe he sent time to time some special people to guide us or remind us the true way,and we called them prophets but we even possess those persons as ours, or reject them as theirs ..can there be such a thing as "your prophet" or "my prophet"..no way..it's insane..we must embrace them all ..they came for all of us in different times only..also the rules must be the same since they're coming from the same source(God).

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Amanda.. :) it's so relieving to hear this..cause people easily get offended when I talk like this.. :( so I choose not to speak ..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:09 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

If the main intention is to communicate, not to confront but to exchange points of view, it only can enrich each other. Of course, there are times and places where it's better to wear a smiling mask. But this is not the case, Zey. I love to know what you feel and think about what we are talking about here.. If not, something is missing, sure. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:25 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

glad you think that way..as far as God knows what's on my mind and in my heart,there's no way to act like someone I'm not in reality..He knows my doubts, my counter ideas :roll: ..afterall ,He made me so stubborn and curious about the unknown or untold.. :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Lighthouseseeker on Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:38 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lucky you to be like this! It's very much needed if you want to go far and high. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

..or out of the game sometimes.. :wink: :lol: :lol:
thanks for the nice thoughts.. :)

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:45 pm 
Ha, ha, ha! :lol: Yeah! :P

Love, Amanda.

Post subject: religions
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

That's how I have always felt as well-I was raised, steeped in, drowned with and all the etc; possible to describe growing up under the thumb of "Holy Roller" religion and beliefs...however, it gave me a foundation to grow away from and to take what I personally needed and find what else I would need as I grew into understanding. And as I said along came Elvis-who had been there as well and who had started looking for his needs and how he felt toward God and the here and now and the here after. I leaned toward the same things he did, and I questioned a great many beliefs I had learned as a child and from others as I grew up. I'm happy with myself now as far as knowing where I am going, knowing that God is and that He will answer according to your needs as HE knows what they really are-as Elvis would say, wants and needs are vastly different but people don't know that-wants are feelings and needs are spiritual necessitities for happiness within
needs go begging because wants take over as they are emotions tied to the human body-not the spiritual body.
It made sense to me-but it's difficult for most to know the difference-even when you know, sometimes it is confusing-and that is when it helps to meditate and pray for guidance and then be assured the answer will come.
It might be a suprise, but most likely will be the right one...if we give it time to work it's way out. wjh

Post subject: Elvis choices and girls
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis was seen with many beautiful women, all types and kinds...his guys saw him with what they thought were "dogs", "coons" and "crazies" but Elvis was chosing them based on what he saw in their eyes and in their hearts...he chose them purposely because he felt that he could help them in some way to see themselves as better people, that he saw beauty in them and he did-he said all women have great beauty, someof them just haven't found it in themselves right yet...he was helping that come out for them. He also said, it sounded like he was being vain and puffed up with himself, but that wasn't it, he just wanted to give them happiness and something joyful to remember and learn from. And he was honest in saying that-though he did say that he had a better time with them because they were thrilled to be with him, never thinking he'd give them a second look and here he was with them. He admited it was flattering for him too, but the end result was he gave them beauty that they didn't realize they had, a sense of value and worth and hope for better things in their lives. And he said usually it worked out that way-they made changes and did it because he gave them the courage to try. He took pride in this "dogs" improving themselves and becoming women those guys couldn't believe looked so good when they ran in to them again. And those girls wouldn't give them the time of day! They were looking for men like Elvis -good luck in that one! My daughter always says...she's still looking. Anyway, Elvis wasn't all bad, but not l00% good either, he tried to have his heart in the right place and as he said on stage...you know- right over her heart....or in reverse order...he was being funny and people laughed...especailly when he added, you don't know what I'm talking about-we were dancing...see, face to face..standing up...yeah, it was dancing...and he looked at Ed and he laughed and nodded yes.... then he went on with his little life story routine and the movies. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elvis was able to see the value and worth of a woman beyond her appearance. I think many women deep down know this about him, so is one of the reasons they are so attracted to him.
Seems like a # of the MM were just the opposite, per what I've read, judging a woman's worth completely by her appearance. Makes for an obvious contrast.

Julie, I'm glad you are learning to see yourself as God sees you; as one of his beautiful creations, with a kind, caring, & gentle soul. It's just what I pick up about you. And you know, any of those who direct mean comments toward you are themselves insecure.
They feel the need to find fault in others in order puff up their own poor self-image. If they truly understood how much they were loved by God, they would in turn love others & not feel the need to hurt others in order to elevate their own egos.

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next